💤 Sleepover💤

🌠Jotaro🌠

(Name) and I stared at the bud with disgust. It was all flesh pink and veiny, and it squirmed in place as it pulsed from sucking on its host.

"Ugh, sick!" (Name) gagged, "it looks like a spider or a piece of flesh."

"That's it? Is that what made him swear his allegiance to Dio?" I asked, that gave Avdol to answer my questions.

"Yes. It's a flesh bud formed from Dio's cells. It connects directly to the boy's brain." Then he proceeded to explain its purpose in more detail. "Flesh buds are small but they have the power to influence a person's thoughts and actions."

"Simply put, that bud stirs him and awakens a certain feeling far beyond his control." Jiji crossed his arms, "Charisma! The sheer emotive power that drives a soldier to follow a dictator or a believer to put his faith in a corrupt cult. This young man revered Dio, and that's why he swore allegiance to him!"

"So this Dio knows how to use the power of charisma.." (name) tapped her chin. "If it was that easy to take advantage of a teenager, I worry about other people who are also a part of his plot, probably people he's gained allegiances from without the need a flesh bud."

"Very likely, young lady." Jiji nodded, "he ordered Kakyoin here to kill us, and he won't stop until he has."

"So remove the bud." I suggested but my grandfather turned it down.

"No. The brain is very delicate. If he even twitches while we extract it, it could cause brain damage."

I stared at the unconscious Kakyoin and pondered. I thought surely there had to be a way to save him without him damaging the brain. We needed him to talk so we could track this Dio bastard down. I just sighed, this was already giving me a headache. Good grief.

"JoJo.." Avdol spoke to me and shifted my attention to him. "I need to tell you something. Four months ago, while I was still there in Cairo.. I encountered Dio."

The Egyptian told us about his first meeting with him. How Dio was terrifying by using sweet, calming words. How Avdol was able to run before being taken into control. If he had stayed still any longer, he could've also turned into an enemy.

"You would have died a few years later, with your brain completely devoured." Jiji added.

And (name) covered her mouth, "that's awful.."

"Hang on," I interrupted, "Kakyoin may not be in great shape, but he's not dead yet! I'll pull that thing out with my stand." I said, summoning my spirit.

The two men and (name) gasped at what I was about to do and urged me to stop, but I told them to back off.

"I can remove it without damaging his brain. If my stand has the precision to catch a speeding bullet at point blank, it can do this."

"Jotaro, that flesh bud is alive, don't you see?! Part of that thing lives outside of the body for a reason! Even a skilled surgeon can't remove it without causing serious damage!"

Still, despite my grandfather's warnings, I ordered my stand to pinch the parasite but one of its tentacles whipped out and struck into my hand.

"Shit."

"Ahh! Oh my God!" (Name) yelped. "It just sunk itself into his hand! Forget it, you have to let it go, Kujo!"

"Exactly! It can infiltrate anyone's brain who dared try to remove it!"

Again I ignored their attempts to call me off. I just grunted and sat through the itchy pain crawling beneath my skin. Kakyoin then opened his eyes, probably from feeling the disturbance on his forehead.