Nine

After I woke up I saw Jack in a black suit with white tie and then after he saw me I sat up and took in all the handsomeness that was Jack. I saw Jack in a suit before. At homecoming but this was obviously different. Very different. When he saw me he smiled big. 

"Good evening, Liles." He said, softly. 

"Hi."

"It's four." He said, putting his dress shoes on.    

I nodded and grabbed my white backless dress with a belly cutout and a slit down my leg. I grabbed my white to creme heals and went into the bathroom to change. When I couldn't get the buttons in the back I called for Jack. He came as I called. 

"What's up?" Jack's eyes widened when he saw me. "Oh, wow! You look beautiful, Liles." 

"Thanks. I can't get these buttons in the back buttoned." I said, putting my earrings on. 

Jack came closer to me and grabbed my buttons and buttoned my dress up. He planted sweet, gentle kisses on my neck as he did. He looked at me as I was the most beautiful girl in the world, but the truth was I wasn't. Jack dated more beautiful girls than me. He looked at me and opened his mouth as he was going to say something.  

"You're the most beautiful woman in the world. Especially the women I've dated. Don't ever compare yourself to my exes." He said, spinning me around so he could see into my eyes.   

"How...How did you know what I was thinking?" 

"Oh, come on, Delilah. We were best friends for years. I know when something is upsetting you. And when you're self-conscious."  

I grabbed onto him and he held me there for minutes. Jack grabbed my heals from my hands, and led me to the bed. I sat on the bed as he kneeled on one knee and put on my heals for me. I was thinking a million wonderful things about him. He offered his hand and I grabbed it as I stood up. He smiled at me.

"You should be treated as a beautiful queen as you deserve." He said, scooping me up bridal-style. 

"Jackson Hill..." I chuckled. 

He put me down and grabbed my white coat. He put it on me. I watched him. He put his suit coat on and his fingers intertwine with mine. When we get to the fancy restaurant I saw a familiar figure standing by us. When I got a closer look at the figure I got a chill down my spine.               

"Taylor?" I exclaimed. 

The figure turned around to look at me. I had my PTSD growing in my mind. Jack looked at Taylor.      

"Taylor?" Jack asked, angrily. 

"Oh, my.  Delilah Holland is that you? I missed you so much." Taylor fake-said, coming towards us.   

I grabbed onto Jack and looked up at him for reassurance. He looked at me. He got in front of me and Jack stepped back.  

"Taylor, I would be careful if I were you. She doesn't want you anymore. She's moved on with someone else. And I would be the first to know. I'm her best friend." Jack said, irritated.   

"I want to go outside and talk Jackson. There's something you're not telling me about my girl." Taylor said, smirking at me.   

I grabbed onto Jack's arm again. Jack and Taylor went outside to talk. I followed shortly after them. I heard Jack say, "So, I'm the guy she moved on with. She told me she had feelings for me since sophomore year. Same time I started getting feelings for her."    

Taylor put his hand to his head. "Did you...did you bang her?" 

Jack's jaw dropped. "Um...that's none of your business Taylor. Plus you dumped her for no reason."