Twenty-Two

The next day we decided to have a picnic in a sunflower field. Jack's hidden talent was drawing and art, so he brought his sketchbook so he could draw. We brought food from the cabin and we set up the blanket. I laid down on the blanket and felt the warmth of the sun. Jack laid on his elbows by me and looked at me. His lips were pressed.  I wanted to feel like this forever. And my forever is with my husband by me. His lips on mine.  

He took out the food and started eating. He looked at the sunflowers around us. I sat up and started eating along with Jack.   

 "So, what are you going to draw?" I ask. 

"You." He said, upfront.  

"Oh?" 

"You're so beautiful in the sun with the sunflowers." 

"Okay." 

When we got done with our lunch, Jack got out his sketchbook and pencils and I position myself by laying down and looking at Jack. I smiled at him when he smirked sexy. How could I not? 

"Is this okay?" I asked, looking serious.  

"Yeah. Just keep that face positioned just right." He said, his voice deepened. 

His  face is scrunched. He's focused on the drawing. He watches me and then draws. His pencil goes everywhere around the paper. When he's done he flipped his sketchbook where I could see the drawing. I widened my eyes and smiled. I was amazed of how good he was.      

"Well?" He asked. 

"It's amazing---I mean it's beautiful." I exclaimed, excitedly. 

"Thanks. I think it's my best work." 

"Why's that?" I asked, looking at Jack curiously. 

"Because it's of my wife." 

"Hm." I smiled. "Can I have your book?" I added. 

He nodded and handed it to me. I wrote a little note to him and hand it back to him. I close my eyes as he reads it out loud.  

My Love, 

All it took was a road trip. One road trip for all of this. I love you Jack Michael Hill. Always and forever. In my heart. You'll always be in my heart, mind and soul.❤️