Chapter 5 : Showdown Part II

Flashback:

Two brothers, Alex(6 years) and Tim(8 years) Francis, their faces smeared with dirt and fear, huddled in a small hut behind the factory. These boys had run away from their orphanage. Their escape due to inhuman treatment from their caretakers at the orphanage had led them to this desolate place, a refuge that now felt more like a hiding spot from the unknown dangers lurking in the night. The police were searching for them throughout the city. It had been more than 24 hours since the kids were there. Leonard had no idea about their presence since he thought the location was completely isolated.

Present Day

Time : 07:18:58 PM

As the clash between Leonard and Polar commenced, the brothers heard strange noises emanating from the factory. A flickering reflection of light caught their eyes, drawing them toward the source of the commotion. They entered the building through the south entrance. Curiosity overcoming their apprehension, the brothers approached the central wing from the south, their small steps echoing in the deserted space.

Unbeknownst to them, the frequency devices strategically placed in the northeast wing malfunctioned during the fight. The resulting explosions sent shockwaves throughout the factory, causing chaos and panic. The brothers, now in the central wing, were caught in the crossfire of destruction.

The devices, rendered useless by the explosion, ceased emitting the unique frequency that had nullified Polar's powers. Pillars in the building began to crumble, and the brothers found themselves on the second floor, their refuge turning into a precarious perch.

The younger brother, hanging onto an iron rod protruding from the crumbling concrete, screamed as the floor collapsed beneath him. The older brother rushed to save him, but a piece of the ceiling struck him on the head, rendering him unconscious. The younger brother, now dangling in mid-air, clung desperately to the iron rod, his cries echoing through the chaos.

Present Time:

Time : 08:15:26 PM

As the devices ceased to function, Polar, battered and injured, was freed from their restraining influence. However, a large iron structure collapsed upon him, causing severe injuries to his left leg and hand. The devices' failure granted him the return of his freezing powers, and he could now move, albeit with a severe limp.

With newfound strength, Polar, driven by a mix of survival and revenge, limped towards the cries of the children from the south side. Using his right hand, he extinguished the flames in his path, determined to save the brothers. Yet, his intentions were shrouded in darkness, as he harbored a vengeful plan against Leonard.

Simultaneously, Leonard, having heard the cries of the children, rushed into the burning factory. The fire had spread rapidly, creating a labyrinth of danger. Reaching the south side entrance, he faced an inferno too intense to penetrate. Determined to save the children, he discovered a small entrance and pressed forward into the blazing building.

Inside the factory the heat was suffocating, and the flames roared like an enraged beast. Leonard navigated through the narrow passages, following the anguished cries of the children. As he reached the designated location, a chilling sight met his eyes – Polar, seated on a chair, holding both brothers captive.

The south wing hall was now transformed into a pool of icy waves which cooled down all the fire in there and also in the neighboring directions. A crystalline sheen covered every surface, a testament to Polar's regained control over his freezing powers.

Polar's chilling laughter reverberated through the ice-covered hall. "Boy," he sneered, "I told you I'd kill you today. You thought I'll go back on my word?"