Entry 8 ~𝘐 𝘊𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘉𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘛𝘰 𝘓𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘠𝘰𝘶~

Author: Autumn

Genres: Historical fiction, Romance

Word Count: 3855

Trigger warning: Mentions of corruption and death

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 A shadow emerges from the trees overhead and I am thrown into a frenzy. Why can't he leave me alone? I quicken my pace and the wind whips at my face. I know I'm not as fast as him but I might be able to throw him of course. I round the bend and see my opportunity. Hastily, I reach for the branch hanging down and whirl around. Just as my feet take hold between the branch and the trunk, I loose my balance.

I'm reaching for anything to break my fall but my fingers slip between the branches like water in my hands. I close my eyes and brace for impact but I'm met with a warm feeling surrounding my body. The quick beating sound of a heart and the hot breath down my neck sends chills throughout my shaken body. I'm still trying to process what happened.

"You can let go of me now," came a low, amused voice.

Oh good grief! Of course David is my savior. I pop my eyes open and jump from his arms. I see his face and his brown eyes. I see the way they wrinkle in the corners as he is smirking. I reach over and pretend to swat him away like he is nothing but a pest.

"Enough with that look. You're face will get stuck like that." I tease trying to cover my embarrassing situation.

He chuckles but keeps his stupid smirk. "Now why would I do that? If it annoys you this much, I think I'll keep it that way."

I cross my arms and huff. He sure has a good way of getting under my skin and I know he knows. He's juicing it as much as he can, getting a kick out of my humiliation.

"Hush you!" I pout and toss my nose in the air. Turning away from David, I face towards the castle and instantly I'm hit with a nauseating, dread. I uncross my arms and let them slump to my sides. I feel David's rough hands on my shoulder. He knows why I feel like this.

"I promised you, Liana, that I would never let you fall into the hands of corruption. I vowe to keep my promise. I will never let you wander into unforsaken danger."

I don't meet his eyes, but I know he is right. At least, I hope he is. David may get on my nerves but that man would do anything for me. His hand trails away from my shoulder and down my arms. He clasps his large hands over mine. He gives it a gentle squeeze before letting go and shoving me in a playful manner.

I try to frown but laughter climbs up my throat. I let go of the dreadful feelings and focus my attention onto David. He taps my shoulder and grins with mischief.

"I win."

I roll my eyes and push his face back. "Oh, that is not fair! I wasn't given any reminder that we are still playing this game."

David chuckles and pulls me close by my waist. I feel blush creeping up my neck and spreading across my cheeks. "Life's not fair, make the most of what you got, Princess."

He holds me close and I don't dare to interfere with this side of David. To be completely honest, I love this side. The side that likes to hold me and protect me, a bit of a warm suprise from his usual teasing personality. His hot breath is down my neck and my spine shivers. I feel the gap in between us closing as he pulls me closer and closer to where I almost can't breathe, but that is okay.