Entry 5 ~𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘶𝘯𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤𝘵𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦~

Author: Lizzy

Genres: Romance, start's a bit Adventure-related

Word Count: 657

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Diana got home and dropped her purse on the floor and ran into the bedroom. She dropped on the bed and started crying. Another date, and another failure...She got a tub of her favourite ice cream from the fridge and also got a pink blanket. With sadness, she realized they needed some time apart. She ate a teaspoonful of ice cream into her mouth. Dried lipstick was on her lipstick. She covered herself with a blanket and was eating her ice cream. She was crushed by the rejection. It was a first date with her crush she got back from...They said they had NO CHEMISTRY and she was annoying. She was angry and sad. She got up from her bed and walked towards her tv and turned her favorite show on. She turned off the lights and went on the sofa with her tub of chocolate ice cream and tea spoon. It was a normal way to cope from a break up, right? Every first date she had, had failed for some reason...and it always ended with an insult. She started crying, thinking about it.

The next morning,
She thought about turn her life back together. She was sick of her job as a barista now..It was exhausting and paid low amounts of money..She took out her phone, which was a Samsung and scrolled on the interest, trying to find a job near her. Finally, she found one as a history teacher. She did went to college for that and just didn't find a school to work. She got dressed and took her purse with her. Then, she took the bus to the school. It was a bit far from her house but it was better then that barista job. She arrived to the school. It was a elementary school and she walked in for a job interview. After a few hours, she got the job, she would start teaching starting from tomorrow.

A few months later,
Diana was enjoying her life more than before. Her job was better, but she still wanted a partner..It was a Sunday morning. She went to a coffee shop, holding her favorite romance novel written by her favourite writer. She went over to a counter, there was a man, around her age there.

"How may l help you, miss?" He asked quietly.

"Could l get a Americano?" Diana asked.

"Of course, are you taking it or drinking it here?"

"Here please"

"Ok, got it"

He made the order and handed her the coffee.

"Thank you..., umm, what's your-"

"John, it's John"

"Ok, thanks John". Diana blushed lightly. "When did you get this job?"

"A few months ago.."

"Oh, l used to work here"

"Oh nice".

"Well, l better get going, goodbye John" she said quietly.

"Goodbye, .."

"Diana"

"Ok Diana, goodbye". Diana walked out of the coffee shop. Why was she blushing while talking to him? Did she like him? No...she thought she was done with men, well, she thought she wanted a partner. Oh god...She stopped walking. She was almost at her house. Should she ask him out...? Probably not..What if she gets rejected? She should probably..but she doesn't have the courage right now..

A week later,

She's been reversing to talk to him. She walked to the coffee shop. John wasn't there. The manager was.

"Excuse me, do you know where's John?"

"Yes, he's at his house. Today's his day off".

"Do you know where he lives?"

"No, but l do know that he usually goes to the library"

"Ok, thank you". She walked away, and to the library. John was there, reading a book.

"Hello John.."

"Oh, hello Diana"

"Could l ask you something?"

"Sure..what is it?"

"I kinda...like you..could we go on a coffee date?"

"Sure, l can give it a shot.."

"Ok, thank you for accepting"

"No problem, you never know until you try".

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support the author on their official Quotev profile!