Chapter One

Rose awoke for school starting her morning the same as always, she was a senior at Lumpkin County High. She climbed out of bed and walked into the bathroom to brush her teeth. Will anyone ever love me for me she wondered. Rose was about 5ft 4 with short blonde hair just above her shoulders, big brown eyes, and a figure a lot of girls would kill for.
Walking back to her bedroom to pick out her clothes for school, she decided on a pink tshirt and blue jeans with converse. Going back to her bathroom, she looked in the mirror to do her hair. Her hair never did what she wanted it to, so she settled for a messy bun. Taking one last look in the mirror, spraying on some perfume, she said "yeah this'll do".
She walked into the kitchen for some breakfast. She looked in the fridge, but there wasn't much, "man we need to go grocery shopping" she said. Grabbing the milk, she got a bowl and a spoon and settled for some cereal. When she was done eating she washed out her bowl and told her mom bye heading for the door. She got in her car and drove away.
       Arriving at school she walked through the front door. She didn't have many friends so she just sat down on the floor to read her book before class started. She was reading "A Good Girls Guide to Murder", a thriller. She was usually more for the romance genre, but she wanted to try something new, and she was really enjoying it. Shortly after, the bell rang time to get to class she thought to herself.
           Her first class was JROTC, she was mainly taking it so she didn't have to take gym. She hated gym, but she didn't mind JROTC, she even did some extra curriculars such as color guard and raiders. She walked into class and sat down. Everyone was talking to one another but Rose just waited for the teacher. It was Thursday so she knew they would probably be playing dodgeball or something in the gym. As the teacher walked in he said "today we will be playing dodgeball after doing some stretches in the gym", the class cheered. But not Rose, she hated dodgeball.
           They walked into the gym and lined up to do some stretches, as they stood there, touching their toes, she spotted two boys walking around the top of the gym. One of them was Rain Garrison, she had had a crush on him since the sixth grade. Rain was about 5ft 7 with short blonde hair and these sexy green eyes that changed colors in the sun. He looked at her and smiled, she looked away blushing. During dodgeball Rose sat to the side trying to read, but she was too distracted, why would someone like him smile at someone like me she wondered. She quickly shook the thought away, sure it was just some stupid prank.
             After class it was lunch time, she sat at her normal table with her two friends Keipher and Dakota, they were dating. "Will we see you at work today after school Rose?" Keipher asked. "No today is my day off finally, I feel like I'm always either at school or working" Rose replied. About that time, someone sat down next to Rose, when she turned her head she realized, it was him, Rain Garrison. She instantly got butterflies in her stomach. "My friend over there thought I wouldn't come and talk to you, so here I am" he said with the sexiest smile she had ever seen. "Yes, here you are. So now that you're here what are you going to do?" Rose asked, not sure where the sudden confidence came from. "Go on a date with me" he said. She just laughed "now why would I do that? I've known you since the sixth grade and you've never spoken to me before." He looked at her in shock, "your just so damn beautiful" he said rubbing his index finger up her thigh underneath the lunch table "I can take you places you've never been" he whispered a dark sexy whisper. Rose turned a crimson red and replied "okay" biting her lip. "Today, pick me up at 6 I'll text you the address, and don't tell your friends anything about us". He smiled that sexy smile and walked away.
The bell rang signaling that lunch was ending, Rose had free periods for the rest of the day so she was heading home to get ready for her date. She had to look absolutely perfect.
          As she pulled into her driveway she saw her mother in the yard. Getting out of the car she said "hey momma, what you doing?"
          "Oh just doing some yard work around the house today. What are you doing? Have you got any plans for the rest of the day?" her mother replied. "Actually yeah, I've got a date tonight" said Rose. "A date huh? What time will your date be getting here?" asked her mother. "He'll be here at six, I'm gonna go get ready". Rose walked away blushing nervously.
         Walking into her closet to decide what to wear, she laid three options on her bed, a knee length yellow dress with a bow on the back, a slightly shorter red dress that hugs her figure, and a light blue sundress. Knowing she was going to be wearing a dress, she went into the bathroom to shave her legs, when she was done she put on her coconut lotion and grabbed her curling iron to plug in. She decided on the yellow dress and walked back to her bedroom to get dressed, she didn't want to give him the wrong impression by wearing anything to tight, if he even liked her.
         Back in the bathroom she curled her hair and grabbed her makeup, she put on some light brown eye shadow with some light yellow eyeliner and black mascara to make her eyes pop. She did her hair in a half up half down style then put on some white open toed sandals. Looking in the full length mirror okay here goes nothing she thought to herself. By the time she was done it was 5:45, she had a little bit of time before Rain would be there, so she sat in her reading chair and pulled out her book. But she was too nervous to read.
          Suddenly she heard a car pull into the driveway and a knock on the door. When Rose opened the door Rain just looked at her with admiration "you look perfect" he whispered with a skipped breath. Shyly she replied "thank you, come on in, this is my mother Hope". Rain extended his hand "it's a pleasure to meet you ma'am", "likewise" replied Hope "you best take good care of my daughter tonight and have her home by midnight" she said. He gave her a nod and a smile and they walked out the door.
         Opening the car door for her Rose climbed into the car and buckled her seatbelt. "So where are we going?" she asked as Rain got seated in the car behind the steering wheel.