chapter fifty.

⚠️ TALKS OF THROWING UP!

June 4, 2021.

"Can you sit on my suitcase?"

I snap my head up at Rory's question and raise an eyebrow, dropping the shirt I was currently folding onto the bed. "Pardon me?"

Rory sighs and takes her hands off of her suitcase, the top of it flying open and hitting the floor. "I can't get my suitcase to close."

I shake my head and laugh, walking over and closing her suitcase back shut. I hold the top of it down with one hand and pull the zipper with my other. It zips shut with ease and I look up at Rory. She looks at me with an 'are you kidding me' expression written all over her face.

"All you had to do was push and pull at the same time." I stand from my spot and pat Rory's hip. Her shirt is flush against her torso with a little bit of her belly hanging out the bottom of it.

"I tried that!" She groans, throwing her head back. "This kid is taking all of my strength, I swear. He's going to come out like the incredible hulk at this point."

"Babe, he's literally the size of Ariel's dinglehopper from The Little Mermaid." I chuckle, "He's like, ten ounces according to the baby app."

"Well, he took all ten ounces of my strength." Rory pouts, cupping the underside of her belly. "He may only be ten ounces but he feels so much heavier because of all the fluids. My body is already struggling so hard."

"Only twenty weeks to go!" I retort. Rory looks at me pointedly and pulls her shirt down over her belly. I smile and pull her suitcase to the front of the room, sitting it beside our bedroom door.

"Where are your other bags?" I ask, looking around the room. She packed two other bags last night, I know that for a fact.

"They're already up front sitting on the kitchen counter." Rory says, walking over to the bed. She refolds the shirt I dropped earlier and shoves it into my suitcase.

I shake my head, sighing softly. No matter many times I tell her that I can grab everything, she does it on her own. I know she wants some sense of control, but I am terrified of her straining herself.

When she was put on bedrest a few weeks ago, she was a completely different person. Every single word that came out of her mouth was cold. She was distant and I could tell just by her face she was feeling numb on the inside.

I just don't want her going through anything like that again.

"You okay?" Rory's voice snaps me out of my thoughts and I clear my throat, wiping my sweaty palms on my shorts.

"I'm great." I lick my lips and walk back over to the bed, helping Rory fold the rest of my clothes in silence. Once my suitcase is packed, I take both Rory and I's bags to the kitchen, sitting them beside the garage door.