chapter forty.

March 30, 2021.

It's moving day

It's moving day.

After nearly nine months of us being a family of three in Rory's small, three bedroom suburban home, we're finally moving out of her place and into mine.

For awhile, we thought about selling both houses and finding something new, but after some careful thought, we came to the decision that buying a house probably isn't the best thing to do at the moment.

With a baby on the way and a tour that's about to be in full spring, buying a house just wasn't in our cards right now. Rory needs the least amount of stress possible and buying a house on top of selling both of ours, would be to much to handle.

"Are we taking these or are they staying?"

I look over my shoulder, holding up a few books and wait for Rory to respond. She takes a look at them, biting her lip as her thumb strokes her ever growing bump that's peaking out the bottom of her thin sweater.

"Those can stay." She responds softly, "Those were Ashton's. I never got rid of them."

I nod and toss the books into the trash bag beside me without thinking twice. This house has so many tainted memories, and while we may not be staying here any longer, our families will be.

We're renting out the house to family, but primarily my mum. She's flying down once Rory gets closer to her due date so she can be here when our little girl is born.

Rory will only be with me on tour the first week. After the first week of shows, she'll be flying back to LA. It's far too risky for her to continue flying and traveling with me once she hits thirty six weeks.

I'm not going to lie, I'm a bit nervous about being so far away from her. We're not even half way through this pregnancy yet and my anxiety is already awful.

From what Rory has told me, her pregnancy with Ivy was the worst, and I'm scared that this pregnancy will be the same. What if something happens while I'm away? What if she goes into labor on the flight back to LA?

My brain have been flooded with those type of thoughts for a few weeks now. We're still almost six months away from tour, but it's all that I think about.

My biggest fear is that she'll go into labor while I'm on stage and I won't make it back to LA in time for the birth. I don't want to miss the birth of my second daughter because if I do, I don't think I'd ever be able to forgive myself.

"Daddy! I need help!" Ivy's tiny voice echoes through the nearly empty house, pulling me from my dark thoughts.

I shakily sigh and toss the remaining few books on the bookshelf into the living room labeled box, pushing my hair out of my face and moving the box to the side.