chapter three.

august 18, 2020.

All that's been going through my head since that meeting on Wednesday is Rory

Her hair, her smile, her eyes. The way she throws a hand over her mouth to silence a giggle. The way she talks about her daughter is beautiful. And the perfume she uses smells so heavenly I almost didn't let go when I hugged her.

Everything about her screams comfort and love. The positivity pretty much radiates off of her.

I haven't felt this way about someone in a very long time, probably since One Direction days. And it's driving me insane that I can't get this girl off my mind.

Before the meeting, I was so nervous I was going to be treated differently because of who I am, but Rory, she made me feel so welcome and comfortable that it threw me off guard.

I'm used to people wanting to know about my music. How it's coming along, what the titles are, if and when they would be able to hear it.

Getting to talk to someone about me was so refreshing. As soon as I left the cafe, I called my mum and spoke to her until I got to the studio for my fitting.

I haven't called my mum to talk about a girl in over two years. My last relationship was rocky. I ended up being cheated on pretty much the entire relationship. It fucked me up mentally and I almost scrapped my entire album because of it.

I try not to let it get to me, but sometimes I find myself struggling to trust the ones I start talking to. It's easy to go in head first without really thinking anything through, and I always get hurt in the end.

I texted Audrey when I got back from my fitting that night, asking for Rory's number. She gave it to me, but insisted that I keep it professional on set seeing as Audrey was basically Rory's boss for the next six months.

Of course I agreed that i'd keep it professional. I'm not the type of guy that shows public affection, especially when it comes to my relationships. And especially not in front of my co-stars.

I prefer to keep my relationships away from the public eye, for their safety and for our privacy. I've never been the type of person to blast my relationship online.

Once the public gets involved, it's a shitstorm of unwanted opinions and hate tweets that I can't bare to see.

I've been staying cooped up in my LA home, not wanting to go out and be stopped every five minutes.

Filming doesn't start for another two weeks and I am in desperate need of a day out with no cameras following me.

I also don't want to be alone. I really hate going out alone, and would like to ask Rory to come along with me and maybe even bring her daughter, but I don't want to overstep.

After contemplating for a few minutes I decide it wouldn't hurt to ask. The worst possible thing she could say is no.

The line rings for a few minutes before it picks up and I hear tiny giggles in the background.