chapter thirty six.

⚠️ MENTIONS OF THROWING UP⚠️

February 19, 2021.

7 weeks and 1 day pregnant.

I wake up to an unsettling feeling in my stomach and grimace, turning onto right my side

I wake up to an unsettling feeling in my stomach and grimace, turning onto right my side. I see that the clock reads 4:04 AM and groan.

I roll back onto my back and take a deep breath, swallowing the bile that is currently trying to make it's way back up my throat.

While running a hand over my stomach, I mentally beg my unborn child to let me have one day where my head isn't hanging over the toilet because of them.

My morning sickness has been awful.

I had it bad with Ivy, but with this baby, it's been far worse. Anytime I eat or drink anything that isn't water or crackers, I throw it right back up.

When I was pregnant with Ivy, I could stay in the bathroom all day laying on the cold tile flooring. I didn't have to worry about walking out of my bathroom and being met with toys all over the floor and a rambunctious three year old who always has way too much energy.

With this baby I do, and it's mentally and physically exhausting. Whenever I go to the bathroom, Ivy wants to come with me. Before I got pregnant, it wasn't be an issue.

But now, nine times out of ten, anytime I'm going to the bathroom, it's to throw up whatever contents are still left in my stomach.

Harry tries to help as much as he can, but Ivy is a handful. She prefers having both of us getting up with her, getting her ready for school and cooking her breakfast.

So needless to say, the past few weeks have been rough.

I feel as if my body is already having trouble functioning and that scares me. I'm tired all of the time and I've also developed horrible headaches from throwing up so much.

Getting out of bed and trying to function like a normal person is almost impossible for me at this point and I'm not even half way into this pregnancy.

I shift uncomfortably under the covers as the nausea that woke me up builds up even more.

Tears prick my eyes and I squeeze them shut as an all too familiar feeling pools through me.

Within seconds, I rip the covers off of my hot body, stumbling off to the bathroom and collapsing onto my knees in front of the toilet.