chapter twenty five.

November 26, 2020.

Rory has been running around the house all morning making sure that everything is spotless before my mum and Gemma arrive

The panic didn't set in until I told her late last night that my mum and Gemma had just gotten on the plane for the ride here.

Needless to say, she woke me up at six am with the vacuum.

It's so cute seeing her so nervous. I've had to keep reminding her that my mum and Gemma are so excited to finally meet her and Ivy in person and that she has nothing to be nervous about.

"Babe! Have you seen the broom? My mom used it before she left and now I can't find it!" I chuckle at Rory's panicked state and hop off the couch, leaving Ivy to watch Charlie and Lola.

Mel left early this morning. I took her to the airport and waited with her at the gate until she got on. We definitely started off on the wrong foot, but after a long talk, I think she's more accepting of me now.

"It's right here." I chuckle, grabbing the broom from off the wall it was leaning on. "You seriously need to calm down, babe."

"I'm about to meet your mom!" Rory screeches, "Harry, I know you said they're excited but I think I might throw up-"

I cut off her rant with a kiss. "Relax."

She looks up at me and pouts, "I just want to make a good first impression." I take her face in my hands and push the hair out of her flushed face.

"All you need for a good first impression is you." I smile, "You're the most selfless, kind hearted person I know. They're going to love you." 

"Promise?" She holds out her pinky and I wrap mine around hers.

"I promise." I sweetly kiss her lips and pull away with a groan when Ivy starts calling my name. Such a cockblocker.

"Go on," Rory pats my chest, "You've got daddy duties to attend to."

A huge grin breaks out on my face and I peck Rory on the lips before heading back off to the living room for my daddy duties.

"What's up little leaf?" I plop down on the couch beside Ivy who whines and snuggles herself into my side.

"Tummy hurts." She pouts and looks up at me, just like her mum did moments before.

"Your tummy hurts?" I frown. I really hope she isn't getting sick. It's Thanksgiving, my mum and sister are coming in and Rory and I planned on taking her to get a christmas tree at the end of the week.

"Mhm." She pats her tummy, "Think I need kisses."

"You need kisses?" I chuckle and look down at Ivy who nods, pouting her lips.

"Need three kisses." She holds up three fingers and I smile..

Everytime I try to plant kisses all over her face the same way I do Rory, she usually pushes me away because of my stubble. I recently shaved though, and I think she's noticed that I no longer have tiny hairs poking out of my cheeks and my chin.