chapter sixteen.

September 30, 2020.

Harry and I dropped the restraining order off at the courthouse yesterday and next week we go back to see if the judge approved it or not

I'm nervous. Like really fucking nervous. If this restraining order doesn't go through, Ashton will show up just to make a point.

It takes me a few hours to go to sleep at night because I get in my head and think about the worst possible scenarios.

Even though I know Ashton getting custody of Ivy is pretty much non existent, I'm still worried he'll find someway to make sure I lose her.

I've also been having nightmares which include Ashton breaking into the house and kidnapping Ivy, so I'm up every few hours like clockwork checking on her, just like I did when she was a newborn.

Harry's been staying here with me and doesn't leave unless it's to go get more clothes or groceries for the house. We've been cooking or ordering out every night.

Him being here has helped with my anxiety
a lot, and Ivy absolutely loves having her bestest friend to wake up to everyday.

"Mommy!" Ivy shrieks, jumping onto the bed, I hear Harry scold her softly as I lay there with my eyes closed.

"Little leaf, don't jump on mumma." Harry whispers, I feel the small weight lift off the mattress and turn over, being met with two of my favorite people.

"Good mornin' mama!" Ivy smiles, "Bestest friend and I made you cim-cim- 'arry what it called?" Ivy turns her head, looking confusingly at Harry with her eyebrows raised.

"Cinnamon toast." Harry smiles, biting back a laugh at the fact Ivy struggled to say the word cinnamon.

"Yes!" Ivy nods, "cimmimim toast!"

I glance over at the clock and my eyes widen as I read the time. 6:30 am.

How long have these two been up?

"What time did she wake you?" I sigh, looking at Harry who looked utterly exhausted.

Since he started staying here, he's up and making breakfast by 8:30 at the latest. We're on set for ten to twelve hours at a time so I know he isn't getting a lot of rest.

"five I think?" Harry sighs softly, "But we laid on the couch until around 5:45."

I frown at that. Ivy usually sleeps until seven and Harry shouldn't be the one to have to get up with her.