Sleep Paralasys demon 😘

I was sleeping reasonably soundly. A nice cold breeze flowing through my room and the warmth of the covers was one of the best sensations.

I have no clue if this is true or not, but apparently, the human body can sense when someone is watching them in their sleep.

Truth or not, I did wake up. Kinda. It was more of a quick slipping back into consciousness, but immediately, something was off. I could feel something. A presence.

This feeling woke me up enough for me to concentrate on the sounds I could hear. Breathing. I didn't dare move a muscle. I didn't even want it to know I was awake, whatever it was. Terror flooded my body as I lay there as still as possible.

My heart was pounding. my body was tense. I didn't dare move a muscle. I even attempted to control my breathing, so it was as quiet as possible. But still, I could sense it looking over me.

Not too long later, I felt it lifting my covers slowly, making my hair stand on end from the cold air in sudden contact with my skin. Soon, I could feel a Shap object begin to press against my skin, and this is when I jumped up and moved away from the thing.

This was the first time I managed to finally look at it. Although in darkness. Its whole body was shrouded in black. Head to toe. The only semblance of colour was a blue mask with black holes where the eyes should be. Along with what appeared to be some kind of black substance that had dripped down, said blue mask.

It just stood completely still and stared at me. Menacingly. I quickly covered myself with my duvet to cover my modesty as it had my eyes locked in a staring contest with it.

My whole body was shaking, and i could feel tears of fear run down my face as I waited for its next move. I didn't dare look away from it. I noticed it was holding what appeared to be a scalpel, but it was hard to tell in the darkness of my room.

It felt an eternity before I began to move. I got off the bed and picked up my dressing gown, wrapping it around me. I didn't dare take my eyes off of it. It just stood in place the whole time. Turning its head to keep its gaze on me as I quickly shot out of the room and closed the door behind me.

Now, in my kitchen/living room, I turned away and bolted to the door. I quickly got my shoes on before looking up and back at my apartment.

There it was. Standing dead still, in the middle of the room, still staring at me. How it managed to get from my room to there without making any sound was astonishing because the floors here creak loudly.

It still didn't move a muscle.

I shot out of the apartment, locking the door behind me, before I ran down the stairs and to the landladys' apparent/office.

I banged my fist against her door, calling for help. I don't know how much time passed before she opened it. She looked pissed.

"Wuddoyawant! It's 3 in the fucking morning!" She said with her usual raspy voice. "There's something in my room! Or someone!? I don't know! Please help me! I don't-" I stared to rabble on, distressed and hyperventilating.

Her eyes widened as she saw me in my state of panicked and her expression changed from pissed off to worry. "Oh shit." She said before pulling me into her apartment.

She sat me down on her sofa as she handed me a box of tissues and sat down next to me. "What did he look like?"

I took a moment to gather my thoughts. "Black all over it, blue mask and a scalpel in hand..." I said still in a state of shock from the events that just took place. She nodded. "How do you think it got into my apartment?" I looked up at her trying to think. "W-well my door... um... was locked, but... my windows were open..."

She nodded again in response before lighting a cigarette. "You want one?" She said, offering me one from her stash. I shook my head in response. "No thanks."
She nodded and took a drag of smoke. "There isn't any kind of police department for miles around here. At least an hour away. And if that fucker was smart I'm guessing he would've left my now. But to be safe, you can sleep on my couch tonight, Bubba. I gotta shot gun and a couple of pistols hidden around here. So I'll assure you're safe hon."

I attempt to smile and nod. "Thank you. Thank you so much, Miss Hewitt."
"Just call me Pauline." She said before standing up and making her way back to her room.

I heard the door shut, and I lay down on the sofa. I couldn't sleep. Not a wink. So to make the time pass by I turned on the TV, (or the ancient box that was supposed to be one), and kept it on a low volume.

Watching random stuff that aired at this time of night was always interesting because this is when the history channel brings out all the conspiracy theories.

So I watched that until the sun rose up. Soon after, Pauline came back into the living room and made herself a cuppa brew. She offered me one and I gladly accepted. Soon after we made our way up to my apartment, she followed with her pistol in hand.

I opened the door to the place, and low and behold... there wasn't anyone in there. Thankfully. We both breathed out and she turned to go back to her place before saying, "if the son of a bitch comes back, you know who to come to."

I nodded as she closed the door behind her and I stood there in my lonely apartment.

For the rest of the day, I did the usual things. Have a shower, get dressed, start working on the commissions I had been ordered to do (I'm a rule34 artist).

It was until around mid day I realised that perhaps I should go out and buy an air conditioner. I also needed to get a part-time job somewhere.

So that was my afternoon planned. I'm on the hunt! For a job and air conditioner.