☠︎︎ 10. Something Wicked This Way Comes☠︎︎

Start from the beginning

Chay was hungry and tired. In the small dark room with his skeleton friend, he had nothing to do. Sitting down on the floor, his eyes slowly blinked closed. A little bit of sleep won't hurt.

⋆༺𓆩☠︎︎𓆪༻⋆

A loud echoing thunder and the violent rocking of the ship—that was what woke up Chay. He had no idea how long he was asleep. Minutes? Hours? But the fire in one of the lanterns was already out, leaving only one lantern illuminating the space around him. The skeleton guy was just where Chay had found him before—so no ghosts, that's good. But what wasn't good was the force with which the ship was rocking on the ocean waves. They have entered the storm. Kim didn't want this to happen. What if the ship would sink? Kim still didn't come looking for Chay. What if Chay goes down to the bottom of the ocean in this small fucking space?

He looked at the skeleton in the corner, "sorry, man, but I don't want to end up like you."

Standing up, Chay stretched out his stiffened limbs and made his way back towards the door. The ocean hit the side of the ship so hard that it threw Chay to the side, making him hit his shoulder on the wall. "Shit," he winced. This wasn't funny anymore. He started banging at the door again. This time louder and more urgently.

"I'm still here, you idiots! Hey! Someone? Anyone?"

Another thunder and again the ship rocked dangerously hard. Chay jumped. His heart skipped a beat. The second lantern behind him fell and the glass shattered into pieces. And the small flame? It was gone. A complete darkness engulfed Chay. He couldn't see even as much as his own hands in front of him...

Gulping down, he banged on the door again, "Kim! Kim! Please! Kim!" Chay slid down, head and back resting on the door. "Kim... If I die, I'll haunt you forever!" His voice cracked. "Kim... please... don't leave me here... I don't want to be alone..."

The ship kept rocking for a while until it stopped completely. Suddenly, it was too quiet, too calm, almost too tranquil. Unsettingly so. Was the storm over or was Chay dead? Suddenly, a rushed sound of steps came from behind the door. Someone was finally coming. Was it... "Kim?" Chay managed to stand up just when the door opened.

Kim.

Chay almost threw himself around his neck.

Kim stood right in front of Chay. An amused smile played on his lips while the flame of the lantern he was holding illuminated the small space between them.

"I see you met Jolly Bones."

"Jolly Bones?" Chay repeated, baffled.

"Yeah," Kim shrugged, "our dear skeleton friend. Isn't he lovely?"

"Your skeleton friend scared the shit out of me!" Chay scoffed.

Kim chuckled, "you should have met him when he was alive. He was way scarier back then."

Kim thought that all of this was funny. He really didn't care about Chay at all. What was Chay even thinking?

Blinking his tears away, he pushed past Kim, hitting their shoulders together in the process. He ran up to the deck, Kim calling right after him. "Porchay! Porchay! Get back here!"