Chapter | Thirty one

Start from the beginning

"Why would it make me special?".

"Not everyone can conjur up their inner child anytime they please. You found a unique way to let go and be happy" I never thought about it like that. "Does it make you feel good?".

I nod. "Most of the time".

"Thats great! You can live without worries just being who you are and I can help you with that". How are they going to help me?

"Does Dario, know?" I look away. She moves my head back in her direction.

"We discussed this together and we believe that this will be good for you and us. all we want is for you to be happy and we will support you in every way," her eyes shine. "I can tell you more about it".

I can breathe normal again.

-||-

It wasn't what I was expecting, but I'm also relieved. Nothing is wrong with me. I'm just a "little" like she explained, sort of.

Earlier, I walked into the kitchen for something to drink and the floor was wet. When I opened the fridge, I catch a glimpse of a baby bottle on the top shelf with plain milk inside. Strange. I closed it immediately and walked away—too quick that I realize that I was slipping to my doom.

I was lifted off the ground just in time before I took that tragic fall.

"Woah! are you okay?." She held me up for a moment. Grabbing a a wipe to dry the floor. before putting me down."There you go, I should have warned you about the spill,". Is it crazy to say that I didn't want her to put me down?

"Why is there a bottle in the fridge?" I tilt my head and she blushes.

"Well it was for you," she says blatantly

"Oh". Angeline cradles my face, gazing in my eyes. She's so pretty. I often wonder why she chose me. A poor girl who lived on the streets.

"You don't have to use it," she is gentle spoken.

"Okay" I grin. She chuckles lightly.

"Cutie" She mumbles. "Why don't you go play outside. It's a nice day".

Currently, I'm outside and there isn't much to do out here. I'm not in the mood to go swimming or watch television on the patio. I discovered they use to possess a small trampoline, but it was tarished by their nieces and nephews that I haven't met yet. I walked around this backyard so many times that I know it with my eyes closed. Pool, patio, outdoor bar and grill and guesthouse. I have yet to explore the front yard.

The question is will she let me? Angeline is watching me her spot on the patio. I look back at her as she smiles and waves. I wait until she loses her focus on me rather than her laptop. I casually escape and opened the gate that separates the front from the back. I'm met with the pave drive way and the garage door. There are pretty flowers that they keep up front. A man comes by often to check on them and other times Angeline likes to water them herself.  There is a cool fountain that I enjoy sticking my hands in and one big tree that isn't the palm one's. I'm tempted to climb it. I climbed a tree before, though I did get in trouble for it. I'm older now, so I can manage. I put my shoe on it the trunk to test the grip. It feels safe. I hoist myself up. There is a space in the middle for me to sit. The level of height is not significant.