9

Shraddha reached Alia's room and sat on her bed. Alia put her phone aside, looking forward to spending some time with her sister.

"What is it, Shradds?" Alia asked.

"I'm feeling so foolish," she gestured.

"What happened?"

"I almost lost my best friend."

"You don't have feelings for him, do you?" Alia asked.

Shraddha shook her head.

"But it seemed like the opposite for me and Aaryan," Alia said.

Shraddha began typing on her phone, "I may have had some unwanted thoughts because I've never looked at Vikram in that way before. But if I fell in love with him, not only would I lose my best friend, but it would also change everything between us. I don't want things to be awkward and weird. We're just close friends. Also, I want to ask you for a favor, Aloo. Since Papa won't let me use my phone, can you please tell Adi that I'm sorry for being overdramatic that day and for saying things I shouldn't have? Adi is a nice man, and I spoke unnecessarily. Please tell him that I'm sorry and that I feel guilty."

Alia hugged her little sister.

"My baby. You're so gentle at heart. So proud to have you as my sister. Aaryan is busy huh?"

"I don't think bhaiyya realizes what he's doing. But the truth is, ever since Kiara came into his life, he never has had time for me. I'm not complaining. I just feel lonely".

"I understand you. Sorry if I have done the same", said Alia.

"It's okay. I'm happy for you and bhaiyya. Your happiness is mine too. It would be nice if both of you would consider me sometimes. Papa is also angry with me most of the time and Ma hates me. What am I supposed to do here all by myself? Sorry to bother you. Good night".

Shraddha stepped out of the room, feeling a bit down. Alia noticed her sister's mood and shared her concerns with Ranbir. Together, they came up with thoughtful plans to show Shraddha how much she is loved and appreciated.

Shraddha enjoyed some peaceful time outdoors, relaxing on the hammock and gazing up at the beautiful night sky. She eventually drifted off to sleep, comforted by the tranquility of the surroundings. The next morning, Mr. Sharma headed outside to retrieve his newspaper and was surprised to find his daughter still asleep outside in the cool morning air. Concerned for her well-being, he quickly fetched a blanket and covered her to keep her warm. Meanwhile, Aaryan and Alia were getting ready to head off to work for the day.

"Aaryan"

"Yes, Papa."

"Give me Shraddha's phone".

"Yes Papa. Here it is". He handed it to him and left home with Alia.

The siblings affectionately planted a gentle kiss on their little sister's forehead before bidding her goodbye. Later on, at around half past ten, she woke up, went through her usual routine, and settled into her cozy hammock. Her dad approached her with a friendly smile and handed her the phone. She stood up cheerfully with respect.

"Sit down beta".

"Thank you, Papa".

"Your mom and I are concerned about you because we love you so much. I hope you understand".

"Yes Papa". She hugged her father and the two became overwhelmed.

"I know Meena's words hurt you. I spoke to her about it beta. She won't apologize for it but I'm sorry".

"Please don't Papa. I'm not thinking about it. I'm fine".

"Love you beta".

"Love you too Papa. Papa... can I go outside for a ride? Please?"

Sharma read it and laughed.

"I knew you would want something from me. Go but be careful and come back in an hour".

"Sure Papa. Thank you".

She quickly hopped on her bike and pedaled away from her house. She was having a good time by herself. Suddenly, halfway through, the door of a car that was stopped on the empty roadside opened. She applied brakes to save herself from crashing. A tall charming-looking man stepped out and confronted her. She was intimidated by him.

"Go tell you brother to stay away from my woman. Understand?!"

She didn't flinch upsetting the man.

"He better do what I said, if not I swear he'll regret it".

She ignored him but the man caught hold of her collar.

"What? You think you're too smart huh? Mark my words. If I see him with her, he's finished. Remember my name. 'Sidharth Mishra'. Say it. I said say it".

She gestured to him that she was mute.

"Are you deaf?"

She shook her head.

"That's what I thought. Sidharth Mishra is my name and I love Kiara. She is mine. Tell your brother to back off".

He got in the car and drove away fast. She processed everything for a minute and continued riding, ignoring the threat to her brother. But the man's words kept on echoing in her head. How was she supposed to say this to her brother? It took many years for him to finally be loved by the woman he dreamt of. How can someone wait all these years to break the relationship? Where was he when she was single? Thoughts began brewing in her head. She turned the bicycle around to ride back home. But the man returned once again. He rolled down the car window and stared at her.

"Don't take me lightly. I will take away what your brother loves most in the world if he won't let go of her. You do want to be with your family right? I hope so. It's all in your brother's hands Shraddha".

When she heard her name come out of his mouth, it sent shivers down her spine.

"I hope not to see you again. Bye, reach home safe". He said and left her by herself.

She realized the threat was made directly at her and not at her brother. She had to save herself from a stranger who could go to any extent to get what he wanted but she also couldn't take away her brother's happiness. Shraddha was stuck between two men. One meant the world to her and the other would take away her world.