3

"That's it! You will marry a girl that I'll choose for you. I don't want to hear anymore Kiara Viara. Understood?" Meena yelled at the dinner table. 

"Mummy, she didn't reject me", Aaryan confirmed.

"Reject? She said she didn't even remember your name! You really think she was thinking about you since Valentine's Day?"

"I share everything with you and Papa because we see you like our friends. Don't take advantage of that and taunt us Mummy. Please!"

"I'm taunting you? Listen Aaryan, my decision is final. No more Kiara. You will marry the girl I want you to marry!"

Aaryan was already upset and his mother was adding oil to the fire.

"Meena. Let's give him some more time. You never know what will happen", his father supported him.

"Are you serious? You are spoiling our kids. They don't fear us. Its all because of you".

"Meena, I understand your feelings as you are their mother. Aaryan..."

"Yes Papa?"

"You have 3 months. If Kiara doesn't love you, then, you will get married to a woman we choose for you".

"But Papa, its not that easy. I've been trying to get her to talk to me for many years now. What can be done in just 3 months?"

"It's up to you beta. My word is final".

The whole room was silent. Alia and Shraddha began thinking of ways to get him and Kiara together. But what could they possibly do, especially when a random tall and handsome curly hair dude gifted her a pair of platinum earrings?

Aaryan was on his bed, staring at the ceiling and Shraddha was watching him. He was holding on to his phone. The siblings didn't speak a word. Shraddha gave him some space. 

"Shraddha, turn off the lights".

She got down from the bed, turned the lights off and jumped back on her bed again, covering herself up.

"Good night" he said.

A notification beeped and Aaryan immediately checked his phone. It was Shraddha who had sent him a good night text in return as usual.

"Can't you just open your mouth and talk instead of texting me? You know I'm eagerly waiting for her text right? You can't do that, can you?! Go to sleep!!" he shouted. 

It was dark. Shraddha couldn't see her brother but only listen to him speak. Another notification beeped. Again, it was not as he was expecting. This time it was Shraddha's phone.

"Its Vikram na? Your boy friend? Who else will text you at night?" 

Shraddha opened her WhatsApp. It was Alia from the other room. Shraddha turned the notification to silent mode.

"Is Aaryan okay?" was Alia's text.

"No. She hasn't texted him yet. He's taking out his anger on me. He thinks I'm texting Vikram and not you".

Alia sent back three laughing face emojis and Shraddha replied with the angry face emoji. 

"Okay, we'll discuss about this tomorrow. Good night Shrads".

"Good night Aloo"

Shraddha was about to put her phone away when she noticed the tiny WhatsApp symbol on the corner of the screen. She went back to her messages.

"Hello baby girl", the message was from her best friend, Vikram Kapoor.

"Seriously? It doesn't match your personality".

"Haha, I knew it. I was just pulling your leg. But, even I'm a business man".

"Yes you are. Not like the ones you see in movies. You are the man who belongs to the soft-heart and humble type".

"Oh, that was unexpected. Thank you <3"

"Most welcome Viks <3"

"So what's the news Shradds? Yes or no?"

"Don't know".

"Huh?"

"She didn't say anything. The usual. I'll text you nonsense."

"Let me guess, she did not".

"Yea and she even forgot his name".

"That sounds really bad. I can understand what your brother must be going through. Just give her some time. Maybe she'll talk to him tomorrow".

"Hopefully. Thanks"

"No worries".

"There was a guy who came to meet her at the café. A tall, handsome, curly hair guy. A business man who returned from London with a pair of platinum earrings".

Maybe I know who you are talking about. Hold on" said Vikram and went offline for a minute and sent her a photo. "Is this the guy?"

Shraddha was shocked to see Vikram standing with the same person she was talking about. "Its him!"

"That is Aditya Mehra, one of the top leading business man in India and my other best friend. He has a habit of buying expensive gifts for a person he's going to meet. He knows Kiara, she's a friend. By friend I mean, his good friend. Nothing more. He has no girlfriends. Aaryan hasn't missed his place for her".

"You are a gem Viks! Thank you so much for this. I love you!"

"Love you too Shrads. Okay, I gotta go now. Talk to you tomorrow. Bye, good night".

She liked his message and replied "Good night. Bye".

He liked her message. Shraddha jumped down from her bed and turned the lights on. Aaryan covered his face with his hand.

"Shraddha! Turn it off!"

She tapped on his hand a couple of times. 

"What do you want? Stop irritating me".

She showed Aaryan the chat with Vikram and pointed to the photo and the long text beneath it. Aaryan's eyes went through them and a smile appeared on his face. He gave the phone back and hugged his little sister.

"Shradds my baby! Thank you! Sorry I was angry". 

She gestured a "welcome" and went back to her bed. Aaryan was now thinking of ideas to get her fall in love with him in three short months.

"Shradds? Should I call Mr. Sharma to turn off the lights?"

She turned off the lights and got back on the bed. It was dark.

"Vikram is a life saver. He's a nice man. I can literally imagine you blushing even though I can't see your face. Sleep well. We have lots of work to do", he shut his eyes.

Next day morning Alia woke up her two siblings who were fast asleep. It was already 10am. She shook them up. They could barely open their eyes.

"Aaryan, Shraddha, wake up. Kiara and Vikram is here to see you both".

They sat upright on the beds, startled.

"That's what I thought" Alia smirked. "Nobody is here to see you both. Papa is calling. Brush your teeth and come soon". Alia walked away.

The siblings looked at each other and chuckled.