2

Aaryan and Shraddha was at the table having breakfast when Alia joined them with a mug of coffee.
"What a surprise! You guys are early today. What's up huh?"
Shraddha gestured Aaryan to talk to Alia. He hesitated because he knew Alia was a drama queen. But he did it anyway.
"Alia... would you like to come with us to Pearl Cafe?"
"When?"
"Now, after breakfast".
"But I'm having my coffee already. We'll go later".
"Do people go to the cafe just for coffee? You get a lot of things other than coffee Alia".
"I know. I'm not hungry".
Aaryan was slowly losing his patience and so was Shraddha.
"Why do you ask so many questions?" Shraddha texted her sister.
"Shrads don't interfere when your older siblings are talking. Just mind your business okay". Alia spoke making Shraddha angry.
Aaryan came to his little sister's rescue, "yes or no? Just say that. Or else we'll go and you can stay home".
"No!"
"Alia, the phrase beauty with no brains was made for people like you".
Shraddha laughed.
"Really! That's rude".
"Not sorry. When I ask you something, there must be a reason behind it. Right? Here's the thing. I need you to come along to meet Kiara. She'll be at the cafe. She doesn't know that we'll be there".
"Are you stalking her?"
Aaryan got up and folded his arms, "meri ma! Please stay at home. If you ask so many questions to your husband in the future, he's gonna drop you back home. Shrads, let's go. I wouldn't have asked for your help if Shraddha could talk".
Aaryan and Shraddha walked out and got in the front seats of his car. He turned it on, wondering how he would make the plan work and get Kiara to talk to him. He was about to take the car when Alia got in the back seat.
"Let's go", she said adjusting her saree and jewels.
Aaryan and Shraddha gave each other a low five. He drove to the cafe with his sisters.
The cafe was beautiful painted in a blue and white theme. It had sofas on one side with used books on a bookshelf. The other side had a work space where people could conduct meetings or do their work. In the middle were round tables and chairs painted in blue and white, in front of the counter. The cafe was almost full everyday.
Aaryan entered the cafe and immediately his eyes began searching for his love. It took only a few seconds to spot her because he knew where she liked to sit. As expected, she was reading a book with a mug of coffee. Luckily the table next to her was free. He sat there facing her with Alia sitting between him and Shraddha, so Kiara would see Alia's face. A barista approached them and that's when Kiara noticed them. She began to think where she had seen him before. Once it clicked she began looking at the two beautiful women with him.
"We'll have two chocolate muffins and a chocolate mud cake".
"Sure Sir".
"Thank you"
The barista walked away with the order. Aaryan knew what his sisters loved and hated, be it food, clothes, destinations, hobbies or anything. He always thought about them first. He took care of them like their parents.
"Alia come closer" he whispered. "Act like my girlfriend. Kiara's eyes are on us".
"Are you serious Aaryan? Is that why you and her asked me to come. There's no way I'm doing this".
"I understand its probably the worst thing to ask a sister and its cheap too. I totally agree but you know girls get jealous when they see their husband, lover or the guy that likes them with someone else. It always works. Please".
Alia didn't know what to do even though she nodded a yes and she took her siblings by surprise.
"So Aaryan. Its been a long time since we met. What are you up to these days?"
"Nothing much. What about you?"
"Same old job. I must say you look great. New style huh with the hoodie and sneakers?"
"Change is good. You look pretty as always".
"Oh" she chuckled. "Thank you. I mean I'm used to getting such compliments but this is the first time to hear something like this from you". She moved the strand of hair from her face to the back of her ear.
Shraddha was covering her mouth and laughing listening to the conversations between them. The barista came with a pastrie for Alia and Chocolate muffins for the other two.
"Anything else Sir?"
"I'll let you know. Thank you", he smiled.
"Welcome sir"
The siblings was left alone and Aaryan casually looked around and noticed they had Kiara's attention.
"Have the pastrie", he said.
"You still remember what I like. You're different".
"I know" he said, trying to stop his laughter before it would come out.
Alia gave him the "its enough look", eating a piece of her mud cake.
Aaryan and Shraddha also began eating. He was wondering why Kiara had no reaction. He thought his plan didn't work but, the next second she stood up. He was finally going to have his moment. There was a glow on his face. His eyes were gleaming with love. She took a step closer and embraced a man who stepped into the cafe. He was tall, handsome, fit with curly hairs, in black formals. Aaryan knew he lost his chance. Alia and Shraddha felt bad for their brother. Now the tables turned. Kiara had the attention of the siblings.
"Hey, I got you this", he said moving a small opened box forward. It had a pair of platinum earrings.
"Oh my God! You shouldn't have. These are absolutely stunning. I didn't get anything for you". She took the box in her hand and admired the earrings.
"Its ok. I like to give and not recieve", the man said.
"That's so sweet" she said touching his hand. "You haven't changed in the slightest".
"I'll take it as a compliment. So what's the news. How's work going?"
"Hoping for a promotion".
"Oh congratulations!" he smiled.
"What about you? Still on business trips huh? Is there any country left for you to visit? You're always flying like on a long vacation".
He chuckled "what can I say, its my job. I was in London for a month and the long vacation actually starts from today, for three long months. I really need a break. Just me, my home, my family and my dog. Calm and peaceful".
"Definitely it is. So we can meet often I guess. You can find me here mostly or just ring me up and we can make plans".
"Sure, I'll see you then Kiara", he got up and so did she.
"Yea take care", she said and once again embraced him with a goodbye.
He walked off and one minute later she took her book and bag. She left ignoring Aaryan. His plan had backfired and he was angry. His sisters noticed him and decided to help him out.
"Excuse me", Alia called her. "Kiara right?"
Kiara turned around and walked to the table. "Yes, um do I know you?"
"No but I think you know him. He just mentioned about you", she looked at her brother.
Aaryan got up. "Hi Kiara. Aaryan".
"Yes Aaryan. Sorry I couldn't remember your name, that's why I walked away without talking to you".
"That's ok. Do you wanna join us?" he asked.
"I'm really sorry I got to be somewhere. Some other time okay. Give me your number".
"You have it saved in your phone. We also met on Valentine's day. It's surprising how you forgot my name in seven months. Anyways text me".
"Sure, bye".
"Bye"
Kiara stepped out and the siblings sat back down. Shraddha gave him a thumbs up and a high five to Alia.
"Alia, thank you".
"I do have brains huh", she smiled.
"Oops. Sorry for that", he smiled back.
"No worries".
They continued eating and Aaryan already began planning on how to take his lover out on a date, in his mind.