7

The siblings stepped out dressed, to meet their new friends at the café, as planned last night. Sharma stopped them.

"Where are you going?"

"Papa, we're going out to meet our friends".

"Which friends Aaryan?"

"Kiara"

"Kiara is your friend. You don't need to take your sisters along".

"Papa, I want them to meet her".

"You are responsible".

"Yes Papa, we won't be late".

"Go", Sharma gave them permission.

He drove away with his sisters to the café. On the way, Aaryan was feeling anxious as this was the first time the love of his life wanted to see him personally. Maybe she asked her friends to join because she was also feeling nervous like he was or maybe she wanted all of them to have a good time. The closer they got, the faster his heart began to pace.

"Aaryan, calm down. You'll be fine", said Alia.

"You can see it on my face??" he asked.

"You are sweating. Relax, you've known her for so many years now". Alia was right about that.

Aaryan stopped the car at the café. They stepped in and found Kiara at her usual spot with the three men, waiting for them. They shook hands and embraced each other, joining at the table. A barista approached them.

"We'll have three coffee please", Alia said and the barista walked away.

"Hello baby girl", Vikram who was sitting next to Shraddha whispered in her ear.

She punched him as usual. He smiled in return.

"Something is off with you Shradds. What happened?" he asked.

She shrugged her shoulders.

"Did your parents yell at you last night?"

She nodded a 'yes'.

"So that's the reason. Guess what! Mr. Aditya Mehra has a surprise for all of you".

Few seconds after Vikram spoke, Aditya took out three boxes and moved it forward to Aaryan, Alia and Shraddha. His usual gesture of meeting his friends. They opened the box. Aaryan got an expensive watch. Alia got a gold ring and Shraddha, a simple platinum necklace with a locket. 

"Aditya, you didn't have to do this. Its expensive", Aaryan said looking at the watch.

"Guys, this is my way of expressing love", Aditya smiled. 

"That's wonderful Adi, now coming to the reason for our gathering..." Ranbir spoke.

He was interrupted by the barista who served coffee and left.

Ranbir continued... "Kiara wants to tell you about her decision Aaryan and the rest of us will step out, giving you guys privacy. Have your coffee first", he said.

Now Aaryan felt more nervous. "Will she accept me or will she reject me? Was I troubling her?" questions began popping in Aaryan's mind one after another. 

Ten minutes later, everyone except the two was outside the café, next to their cars. The sisters were scared for their brother. Only they knew to what extent he had loved Kiara. This was the moment that would decide his fate and future.

"Did Kiara give a clue at least?" asked Alia.

All three nodded a 'no'.

"Did she talk about it?" she asked again.