5

After dropping Alia off at her home, Ranbir was met by Aaryan and Shraddha who were ready to leave.

"Are you going somewhere?" asked Ranbir.

"It's Vikram's birthday, so I'm dropping Shraddha off at his place. Are you coming?" replied Aaryan.

"Yes, I'll be there for a while," said Ranbir.

"Are you okay to take Shraddha with you?" asked Aaryan.

"Sure, why not? Come on, Shraddha. She's my responsibility. I'll drop her back too," said Ranbir.

"Thank you, Ranbir," said Aaryan.

"No problem, let's go," said Ranbir as he waved and sat in his car.

Shraddha got in the front seat with him and waved 'bye' to her siblings. He drove away with his new friend.

Later, while on the way to Vikram's house, Ranbir received a text from Shraddha that read, "Ranbir, can I tell you a secret?"

"What is it?" replied Ranbir.

"Aaryan and I like you. Pretty sure our parents will too," said Shraddha.

"That's good news. My parents are dying to get me married. They are okay with me bringing home a beautiful girl. Alia is my first and last. She didn't tell me yet, but I can see it in her eyes. What about you, Shraddha? Do you have a lover?" asked Ranbir.

"Unfortunately no. The only friend I have is Vikram, and now I have you. So no lovers," responded Shraddha.

"Sounds special too. Well, then it's time for him to find someone," replied Ranbir.

"Absolutely. Ranbir, who else is gonna be there at his house?" asked Shraddha.

"You, me, and Adi for sure. Nobody else," replied Ranbir.

"Aditya Mehra?" asked Shraddha.

"Yes. How do you know Adi?" asked Ranbir.

"I don't know. I've seen him once at a café," said Shraddha.

"Oh, Pearl Café. Vikram told me about it. Don't worry, he doesn't share everything. Kiara, right?" said Ranbir.

Shraddha nodded her head.

"Any response?" asked Ranbir.

"Nothing yet. I think she doesn't like Aaryan. But he loves her so much. It's been so many years since school. She doesn't care," said Shraddha.

"Sorry to hear that. Let's give her some time," said Ranbir, smiling at Shraddha.

He turned the car to the open gate and stopped on the porch of a huge mansion-like home. Shraddha had been there a few times. They got out and waited at the door. Ranbir rang the bell. He was wearing formal attire and Shraddha was in her usual hoodie and jeans. The door opened.

"Ranbir, hey man. Thanks for coming," said Vikram, embracing him and receiving a bottle of wine from Ranbir. "Come on in."

"I have a friend with me," said Ranbir.

Shraddha jumped in front of Vikram to surprise him.

"Oh! My Shradds!! Come here you!" he hugged her tight. "You remembered my birthday. This is why you're special to me baby girl."

Shraddha punched him in the stomach.

"Ouch. Okay, Shradds. Calm down. I was joking. Haha, come in guys," said Vikram, taking them inside his beautiful house.

It had big chandeliers and walls painted in luxurious Prussian blue and rich red. White sofas, curtains, and furniture, with crystal candle stands and a fur carpet. The rooms were huge, clean, and tidy. He lived alone, and sometimes his siblings and parents would come over to stay. He didn't have any issues, but in fact, he loved it because he was a family man just like his friends Ranbir and the other man who was waiting in the living room.