15

The cold wind increased its intensity, and the floating leaves of the trees fluttered around the palace, showing themselves outside the enormous windows of the grand dining room. The King decided to do the duel in the enormous space where the guests had danced a while ago; it would have been madness to have done it on the outskirts of the complex in such weather; besides, it was not a show that merited using the military school arena, just an unnecessary act to extend the evening.

Even so, some were already enjoying the duel when it had not yet begun. Suddenly, the room was filled with a crowd that mixed guards, soldiers, and the guests of the party intermingled with the large number of castle servants who had to attend the event and who joined without permission, even the gardeners and farmers who brought the ingredients were present. Faces of disgust and discomfort were seen, among others who were much happier and joking, having fun in the run-up to the event.

Several waiters pushed the chairs and tables to the edges of the enormous dining room to give even more space. On one side, there was Sevan, being attended to by some of the maids, removing his navy-blue jacket, putting on some white fencer's gloves, and giving him a training sword made of beautiful white oak. On the other, there was Shun, with no one around him, holding an old and worn training sword compared to his opponent.

In the center was the cadet who accompanied Sergeant Rask, now serving as presenter and mediator of the duel. He was handed a small piece of parchment with an inscription that he read aloud to everyone.

Cadet Marco: 『 AHEM!... Tonight's fencing duel will begin and will close the itinerary for this evening! On my right...! U- umm... 』

He stopped for a moment to examine the note more closely, and with a slower voice, he read word by word the enormous paragraph it contained.

Cadet Marco: 『 ... Member of the Royal Academy..." K−Kasabia"... of fencing and cavalry; Prince, knight and distinguished supporter of the military court of the kingdom of Tikalt, Sevan Rubén...Taniel Vahan... Jahir... Aleksander Narek! 』

After the rushed presentation, the compatriots and other nobles applauded the young man, who greeted everyone with exaggerated glamour, as if he were a rising star in the world of fencing.

Shun: 『 What the hell? Not even Lidia has that many names. 』

Shun wasn't the only one perplexed by that long stack of names. Both Shun and I only have one name and our mother's last name. Of course, we know people with two or even three names, but not someone who had six. It was crazy! If it were me, I would hardly remember the other five. Lidia heard his comment, to which she reacted immediately by asking him how he knew that.

Lidia: 『 W-Wait! How do you know my full name?! I've never told you! 』

Shun: 『 Ah, it was in your baptism certificate. 』

Lidia: 『 You read my...! W-When did you find it?! 』

Shun: 『 Mmm...I think I was 4 or 5 years old. I helped my mother organize the King's books, and I found it along with other documents and letters in different languages. 』

Lidia: 『 Huuuuh? 』

King Van Laar: 『 Veronica? 』

Veronica: 『 I−I'm very sorry, my lord. At the time I didn't expect him to learn to read so quickly. 』

Mom was very embarrassed by her son's behavior, and on top of that, she had to apologize for something from the past. She was almost eating herself up inside for not realizing Shun's plan and for not stopping him before this point. Certainly, she would send him to hell with a beating as soon as the duel was over.