9

Lidia: 『 PUUAAAAH...!! 』

I felt so bad because of my nerves that I couldn't help vomiting. The entire dinner that I barely finished with the little appetite I had ended up going down the drain.

I didn't want to go back to the grand dining room, but if I didn't, it was very likely that my father would be cross; I think it was the only emotional state I knew about him, apart from his unfriendly side, after all, to be king of a nation he must be a man who imposes a strong and determined character. Contrary to me, a shy princess who cannot express what she feels and who has never left these walls. I'm just another stone in the foundations of this palace, a simple doll jealously guarded in her toy house.

I told myself over and over again: 『 I don't want to do it. I don't want to... I'm fed up. 』I'm tired of being seen as the tender girl of Haiza Castle, tired of being the exotic bird in captivity inside her cage. I don't want to be that anymore... I don't want to...

Palace maid: 『 Your Highness, are you feeling well? Is there something you need? 』

Lidia: 『 I'm fine. I'll be out in a moment. 』

I was only fooling myself. I didn't have enough determination to put a stop to this, much less to abandon it and leave this place once and for all.

The maid who accompanied me to the bathroom kept knocking on the door when she realized how long it took me there. I still had a hard time standing up; my hands did not leave the dresser, telling me not to move from there, to stay a moment longer before returning.

I took a deep breath, inflating my chest suddenly, and gave a long exhale, until I decided to leave the room, having no other option. It was time to go back.

Lidia: 『 *Sigh*... I'll try not to make it last too long... Here we go... 』