Chapter 7

Zayn's POV

The drive to my flat was filled with Niall's sniffles and coughs. I would look over at him, but only see him blinking multiple time to keep his tears in and his blue eyes trained out the window. I didn't bother talking to him because I knew that this was going to be a long night for the both of us, there was no point in rushing it.

I parked in my parking space, then got the bag of greasy food as I climbed out. I walked around to Niall's side and opened his door, offering him my hand. We stayed in that stand off for a few minutes before his freezing cold pale hand slipped into my tan one.

Once we were in my flat, I went to the kitchen to set down the food before going back to the front door and dragging Niall to the hall bathroom. He must have realized where I was taking him, and started to stop following me so easily and tried to get my hand out of his.

"Niall, you have dirt and sweat all over you. Also, I'm sure a hot bath will do you some good before we have a nice chat. Is that fine? You don't have to, but I know that you still look really sick and warm baths always make everyone feel better." I told him with a light smile. He looked down at his beat up shoes that I was going to replace; along with his clothes and his backpack.

"I don't want to get in your way. I really appreciate this Mr.Malik, but I can't accept this." Niall said quietly. I shook my head and pulled him the last of the way into the bathroom. I took off his backpack and slung it over my back before leaning down and turning on the hot water with a mix of cold to fill up the tub. I pat Niall's shoulder before leaving the bathroom and shutting the door behind me.

About an hour later, I was afraid the boy drown in the bathtub. I got some of my old pajamas and boxers for him before going and knocking on the door. I didn't get a response so I knocked again, but this time more urgent.

"Can I have help?" I heard a small whimper come from behind the door. I decided that I'm not on school grounds and I'm not a teacher right now, I'm a care giver. So I opened the door to see a bright red Niall still sitting in the bathtub. He had a small cloth covering what I didn't want to see and he didn't want to share, but I was grateful.

"I'm sorry, but I just can't even stand up." He whispered to me, his embarrassment filling his cheeks even more. I reached in the tub and let down the water, then got a fluffy towel off the rack and opened it. When the slightly brownish-gray water was down the drain, I looked at Niall for permission before picking up the naked boy with the towel.

"You think this is funny?" I asked him as he giggled a little. We both smiled, then I stood him on the floor and began helping him get dressed.

As I dressed him, I felt my eyes burn with unwanted tears because he was skeletal. His hip bones popped out even to the back. His legs looked like they didn't even have muscle on them and his stomach was sunken in with his ribs sticking out. His skin was so weathered, but what caught my eyes the most was the small scar he hand on his right bicep that looked like a number was etched into his skin with a blade. I shook my head and finished getting my huge clothes on his tiny body.

We went to the kitchen where I gave him everything I had gotten at McDonald's then I went to work on some hot tea. Niall slowly ate through one cheeseburger, but stopped and looked at me like he wanted to hide the other.

"You can have both and the chips. I have allot of food if you want more. You can have it now." I told him, knowing the exact way to get his mind out of the sneaking and stashing food. I knew that would take some work, but I knew how to do it without making him feel like there was something wrong with him because of his natural actions.

"A-are you hungry?" He asked me as he opened the second cheeseburger. Once again, I pulled what I know about the human mind and started using it to my advantage to get some food in this Irish boy. I walked over and took a bite of the cheeseburger before handing it back to him to show him I wasn't giving him special treatment that he had to turn down. Niall smiled at me, and began eating the food just handing to him.