Win Secret Life

As y'all requested, I created

Scar's PoV

It's the end of Secret Life, and I've won. Pearl's dead. I'm alive. I won. And succeeded my task.

So I press the succeed button.

And a new book appears in my hand.

Win Secret Life

'...What the heck?' I mutter. 'I won!' I press the button again. My hearts regenerate. My book disappears. And reappears. 'No- no no no I WON!' I press the button again. The same. Again. The same. I stop gaining hearts. The Secret Keeper gives me useless items. I try to leave the world, but it doesn't work. I didn't expect it to. You can't just leave the Life Series.

I have to die.

In every other series, the winner had to die before they were allowed to leave. So I stand, feeling slightly stupid for not thinking of it sooner and walk away.

Until I can't.

Ahead of me, invisible, is some barrier or border.

I'm trapped.

'No... no no no no...' I mutter, circling, one hand on the invisible barrier, running faster until I reach the other side. 'No... what the heck?! Why? No! I won! Let me go!'  I punch the barrier, kick it, claw it, faze through it with vex magic. Nothing works.

I turn back to the 3 buttons... succeed... reroll... fail. Will I lose hearts if I reroll for hard and then fail? I press the reroll button and wait, heart racing, for the voices to stop speaking, for me to get the book. I press fail.

Nothing happens.

It knows I didn't fail.

'I- I failed it! I didn't win after all!' I laugh awkwardly. 'I didn't win! I lost! I swear I lost!'

The Secret Keeper doesn't reply. I press fail again to no avail. I try to climb up the rocks, only to get stopped by the barrier. I try to build a pillar to jump off, but I can't place blocks. So I try to create a hole, but I can't break blocks. I can't do anything. I can't escape.

'Let me go!' I cry, slamming my hands against the barrier. 'Just let me go PLEASE! Secret Keeper? Watchers? Grian? Grian are you there? Make them let me go! Please let me go! Please help me...' I claw at the barrier again, and again, until I just sink to the ground, sobbing. 'I- I- won... why can't I leave...?'

Nobody replies.

It's been 2 weeks. 

Well, I think it's been 2 weeks. The world's perpetually dark; I have no idea when the sun sets or rises. But whenever I wake up from sleep I  scratch a mark onto my arm as a new day. Grian hasn't rescued me. The Watchers haven't let me go. I've stopped pressing any buttons. I just sit down, sometimes crying. I wish Grian was here. I wish Cub was here. I wish anyone was here. I even wish the Vex would possess me. My only hope left is starving to death, which doesn't happen.  Nothing happens. They hermits have forgotten me, or abandoned me, or given up on me or-

cubfan135 joined the game

cubfan135 left the game

Cub.

CUB.

'CUB!' I scramble up, running to the border. 'CUB IT'S ME! I'M HERE!'

cubfan135 joined the game

He's here. 

'CUB!'

After a moment of orientation, my best friend and the smartest person I know sees me, sprinting over. He's a mess, but relief floods his expression at the sight of me.

'SCAR!' He hits the other side of the border.

He can't get in.

'What's going on? Why can't I leave? Who- who trapped me? How do I get out?' All the questions I've had for these weeks come out. 'I've been so lonely, Cub. I don't know what's going on...'

'I'm here.' Our hands nearly meet, touching through the divide. 'Scar, I'm right here. And I'm not leaving until the Watchers let you go.'

'Can't Grian or Martyn get them to let me go?'

'That's what they've been trying to do for the past week.'

'It's only been a week? It...'

'Felt like longer?' His expression grows sympathetic. I nod. 'Same here, man.' As we stand there, our hands still 'touching', I take in his appearance. The circles under his eyes, the messy hair, the messy, unchanged clothes. 

'Cub I-'

'I'm fine,' Cub interrupts, tries to lie.

'I know you're not fine. I know you stopped sleeping the moment you realised I was in trouble and I know you're not going to admit you're that worried about me. But you're here now.'

'I missed you, Scar.'

'I knew you'd find a way to reach me.'

We share a smile, before he steps away, starting to pace back and forth. 

'Do arrows go through the border?' he asks eventually.

'I don't know.'

'Do you have a bow?'

I nod, pulling it out. And, with a grin, I aim at Cub.

'Aaaaaand... HOTGUY!'

It misses.

But goes through.

'Dang it!' I laugh through my elation. There's a way through the border. There's a way to die, get back to Hermitcraft again. Cub's equally delighted.

'Where are bows?'

'Uhhh... the mounds there.'

He breaks into a run. My excitement isn't fading, and I have to laugh at the thought that I'm looking forward to dying. 

'FOUND ONE!' He yells as he appears again, waving a bow above his head. 'Hold still!'

'Absolutely not!' I insist. 'I'm not letting you kill me THAT easily... Jeez Louise, Cub!'

'Wait, wait, dude... if I kill you, does that make me the winner of Secret Life?' The excitement on Cub's face at the idea of winning the Life Series, even in an incredibly tenuous way, makes me laugh again. 

'We share. Deal?'

He shoots me. I immediately fire back, explaining that he'll probably have 3 lives he has to lose before he returns to Hermitcraft too. For a while we just continue our shoot-off through the border, until I manage to kill him.

'YES! One point to me!' Our fight continues. I'm pretty sure Cub's playing easy on me, especially as I kill him again. I stop firing then, remarking on how creepy he looks with red eyes and how he should be in the next Life Series (if the Watchers want another).

'How many hearts are you on, Scar?' He asks. 

'3. And a half. I think.'

'Then... HOTGUY!'

GoodTimeWithScar was shot by cubfan135.

And then I'm a ghost. 

I'm free. 

GoodTimeWithScar: IT WORKED

cubfan135: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

'I won!' He calls. 'I won Secret Life dude!'

GoodTimeWithScar: WOOOOOOO! GO CUB!

GoodTimeWithScar: you die now

'No problem,' he climbs up Grian's spy pillar. It's slow, and he jokingly complains the whole way up, making me laugh.

GoodTimeWithScar: MLG it

GoodTimeWithScar: I dare you

'You couldn't have said that at the bottom of the ladder?!' He's also laughing.

He jumps. 

cubfan135 hit the ground too hard

And we're free.

Wooo happy ending!