22. I need to find Isadora

Start from the beginning

As I kept running, my surroundings began to change. The forest grew thicker and darker, and I found myself lost in its depths. Panic began to set in as I realized that I had no idea where I was going. But I didn't stop, I couldn't stop. I had to keep moving, keep running.

As the night wore on, exhaustion set in and eventually, I collapsed onto the ground, exhausted,  bruised and my spirit broken from running through the rough terrain. I cried for what seemed like hours, until I couldn't cry anymore.

It was a warm summer evening, mama, Gabriele, the mansion helps and I were all sitting in the living room, nervously waiting for Alvaro to arrive

It was a warm summer evening, mama, Gabriele, the mansion helps and I were all sitting in the living room, nervously waiting for Alvaro to arrive. I had a knot in my stomach, knowing that his mood would be tense and his anger would be directed at us.

As we heard the sound of his footsteps drawing closer to the living room, I could feel my heart racing. He stormed into the living room, his eyes shimmering with anger.

"I can't believe y'all kept me in the dark," he yelled furiously. Though we were all frightened by his angry side, we were also relieved. At least he knew the truth now and we could finally be free from the abusive clutches of my father.

"Everyone pack your stuff, you're leaving Italy until Pablo and Rodolfo are caught," he ordered as he turned to Diego, our family friend and protector.

"Inform isadora's family, they also need to leave" Diego nodded and rushed to make the necessary arrangements.

"W..what about you son?" Mama asked with concern. Alvaro didn't turn to face her, still angry at us for not telling him the truth.

"I need to find Isadora and ensure that she's safe. Don't worry about me," he replied coldly before storming out of the house.

"Mama," I called, going to sit beside her. Gabriele and I wrapped our arms around her to console her.

"He's mad at us, Leah," I sighed, stroking her shoulders in a comforting way.

"It's just for a moment, Mama. He'll come around and understand why we did it. At least the good thing is that we are free from Dad's abuse," I reassured her. She nodded, tears still rolling down her cheeks.

Once she was calm, we all went to our rooms to pack, as Alvaro had instructed.

I sat in my dark office, staring at the wall in front of me. My mind was racing, trying to come up with a plan. I knew my time was running out, and I was filled with fear and worry.

Ever since Alvaro began training at the young age of six to become the next mafia boss, I have been terrified of him. I have seen the power and influence he possesses, and I have tried to control him, but he has always been too powerful. His heterochromia eyes being the most dangerous and intimidating features. But it wasn't just his physical strength that scared me, it was his unforgiving and ruthless nature. He showed no mercy to those who crossed him, and I knew that I was no exception.

But now, he had found out my darkest secret, and I feared for my life. I abused women, a fact that disgusted my son and something he despised. And now, he was out for revenge.

What terrified me even more was the fact that I had also abused his lover, sister, and mother. I knew that I had crossed the line, and I know Alvaro so well, he would stop at nothing to destroy me.

But as I sat in my office, I couldn't help but feel a surge of anger and betrayal when I found out that isadora,  the pretty little lady, I had married for my sexual pleasure had been fooling me. She had been sleeping with my son behind my back, using me for her own gain. And now, it was too late. Alvaro had all the information he needed, and I was running out of time.

With a deep breath, I made a decision. I had to get to Alvaro before he got to me. I couldn't let him take me down. It was a fight for survival, and I was determined to come out on top.