Part 36

There he stood with a smile and everything. Acting like he wasn't caught or he hadn't done anything wrong.

"Pierce".

"Y/n".

He didn't stutter or hesitate. I know I don't know this man now.

"I heard you aren't eating" I said.

"I'm already dying malnourishment wouldn't speed up the process" he said.

Dying?

"What do you mean your dying?" I question.

"Well there's possibilities where I am" he said. I looked over my shoulder and saw Bucky and Steve stood there just as confused as me. "Yes it could be by them" he said making me look back at him. "Or it could be by you. Or any of the avengers in this building" he claimed. "But it's none of those. I am dying because I was trying to turn you into me. Cancer" he stated.

"You never told anyone" I said.

"Because I went to every doctor possible. It's why I was out the morning of the bombing at the base I went to Dubai to see someone out of 37 people who I thought could take it out but no one will. Too close to the spine and none of them want to paralyze me" he claimed.

"Inoperable tumor doesn't mean your dying".

"This one does".

"Did you treat it?" I asked.

"No".

"Chemo?".

"No".

"Smoker?".

"Not even one".

"Drinker?".

"Better watch yourself y/n" he spoke  up. "It actually sounds like you care a bit" he said with a smirk.

"I care that you live till I bring down what you brought back" I state.

"I didn't bring back anything. I just happen to keep things up a running in secrete till things started to go south" he said.

"So where is your new you" I asked. "We both know without me you left Brock in charge so where is he".

"And why would I tell you. Or any of you" he said.

He had a point. He'd already be going to the raft but it can't get any worse then that by going there. 

"You know I heard you do pardons" he mentioned.

"Yeah that's not happening" Steve said walking over to the side and then the window flashed. "He won't say anything" he said.

"Then we have to make him" Bucky spoke up.

"No. We have to make him want to tell us. There's no way he'd tell us even if there was a gun to his head he wants something in return" I said.

"Like what?" Steve asked.

"A pardon" Bucky mumbled.

"Was there something he was going to have you do or wanted you to do back then. See the industry? Boss? Anything?" Steve asked.

I thought for a second then froze. It slipped my mind since I got to trust them and now that Steve has mentioned it. It's back. I look towards Bucky and saw he was already eyeing me down till I looked back towards Steve and nodded. He turned it back on and Pierce sighed as soon as he could see us again.

"10 weeks" I state.

"Come again?" he asked.

"10 weeks ago was the last I saw you. 10 weeks ago was when I got out which means 10 weeks ago I saw Brock and Brock listened to you" I stated. "Tell me you didn't know what he was doing" I said.