18

Come to mother, dear.

The sentence haunted him.

Seonghwa spent multiple sleepless nights just thinking of that one sentence. Not being able to sleep because of the fact that his parents were so, so close to getting him back. If it wasn't for the fact that Yeosang had saved him at the last minute. It all but scared him more to know that they were actually here. He didn't know what to think, or what to do. He didn't even know if Joong or Heejin knew about what had happened before they had gotten there. Since his parents were quick to vanish after Yeosang pulled him out of the trance. And he could still hear that sentence lingering in his mind, his mother's voice and words, it made him tremble, he didn't even know what and how they got here. But it was clear to him that they were tracking him.

Every day began to be harder, ever since the illness in the crew, and the possible death, Seonghwa hadn't acted accordingly. He should've seen it coming, should have seen the fact that his parents tried to sabotage it all for him. The possible freedom he got from being with Joong and the rest, they were doing their best to take that away from him. He couldn't even believe it himself at first, that his parents were the one doing all of this. Sure they didn't have magic, and they most likely used another sorcerer to teleport them to him, to track him and whatnot. But the grand scale of it all, the fact that his own parents were trying to sabotage him was what he feared the most, ever since he ran away. He didn't want a life on a throne, where he'd have to succumb to the inevitable life of nothingness.

Days had passed since the whole thing, Yeosang and Seonghwa had talked deeply about everything. Yeosang had been so sorry the whole time, and it only made Seonghwa question it more. Yeosang had been mad, very mad at him, so why did he suddenly change his opinion on the matter? There was something that the other two, Joong and Heejin, weren't telling him. Because Yeosang had acted so mad, the glint in his eyes was nothing but a fury of orange. It hit him slowly, of course, Seonghwa couldn't believe this, but Yeosang had been affected by a spell as well. And he knew there were only two people to thank for that. It was part of their plan, to make Seonghwa feel bad, make him run away to somewhere he most likely couldn't be found. He couldn't believe how he didn't think about it before.

That was why Yeosang suddenly changed his opinion, both in the heat of the moment, but also after Seonghwa ran out. The spell was temporary and like any other spell, only worked when the plan was playing out perfectly. Just like the flower. Seonghwa really didn't know how far his parents would go, or how far they had planned to sabotage him, but he knew they weren't done. Which was why he needed to note Heejin on the possible threat lingering on the island. He needed the rest to be cautious, to not be afraid but to be on their guard all the time. He didn't know why, but a feeling in his stomach started to rise, and he didn't like it. It was as if all of this could've been prevented if Seonghwa had just stayed at home that one fateful night.

He had a lot of nightmares too, sometimes waking up in a cold sweat, only to realize it was just a nightmare. Joong had woken up too, sometimes looking at him worried, but Seonghwa had just dismissed it every time. Seonghwa couldn't deal with everything, but he didn't want to worry the captain either. He knew he eventually had to tell him, but he'd rather not do it at the crack of dawn, but rather in the day. He didn't even know what to tell him, Joong was always so assertive about everything, he already knew so many things. It wouldn't blow him away if Joong already knew what was going on. But Joong had looked so calm, so weird to him. It was clear to him that he had no idea what was lingering on the island.

As Seonghwa sat at the table, breakfast was served, but he had no appetite. He didn't feel hungry at all, even after everything. After the talk with Yeosang, the talk with Heejin and so much more, he didn't feel better. He still felt guilty, but he had an important thing to say to Heejin now, he needed to let her know about the possible threat. He ate a bit of bread as an excuse to not seem out of it to the others, the others who didn't know anything, hadn't heard about anything since they arrived. All they knew was that Jongho was okay, and that they found the source. But Seonghwa hated keeping things from others, he felt like it was wrong. He knew the crew must've heard it, he knew the others knew, but didn't say anything because of him. He hated it.