VII.

Jimin started awake to the blinding light pouring inside the hotel room's window, his smartphone going off incessantly where he'd left it charge at the wee hours of morning on an elegant mahogany bedside

Jimin started awake to the blinding light pouring inside the hotel room's window, his smartphone going off incessantly where he'd left it charge at the wee hours of morning on an elegant mahogany bedside. He grunted, rolling sluggishly on his back,
eyes slowly cracking open. The young lawyer had only a vague idea of what time it's but he was certain it's too early still for whoever was being a nuisance. He sat up, throwing aside the bedcover with one hand while he grabbed the device with the other, pulling off the plug connecting it to the socket on the wall.

He tensed, his heartbeat skipping a beat as he brought it to eye level. For a second fearing that it's a call from Jeon Jungkook, still pissed he'd fled his apartment the previous night when things had gotten too confrontational between them.

But it wasn't the younger man as he confirmed after sparing the lit up screen a quick glance. The young lawyer relaxed before sliding the pad of his thumb along the flat screen to answer the call, tsking all annoyed at his
own overreaction.

It wasn't like him to run away from difficult situations anymore. He thought he'd curbed this bad habit out of existence when he'd left Busan but just like his feelings for Jungkook it had just laid dormant, waiting til he was back in the town and face to face with the younger man to come back to bite him in the ass, like some sleeper agent.

He jolted out his thoughts when the voice on the other side of the line rose in pitch to angrily yell his name.

The young lawyer flinched, lips parted in surprise.

“Was this necessary?" He chided Seokjin hyung, shaking his head. When the older man wasn't busy bossing everyone around at the firm he could be really childish.

“I've been talking in the air for the past minutes since you finally deigned picking up the call.” The other man quipped, voice dripping with sarcasm. How he managed to sound this caustic first thing in the morning would remain a total mystery to Jimin whose higher brain functions were out cold until at least his first cup of coffee.

He kneaded his skull, feeling a headache form.

“Well I'm listening so can you go straight to the point, please?” He begged knowing full well that it's useless.

Seokjin sneered, he rolled his eyes. As he'd expected the latter wasn't going to go easy on him simply because he asked.

He braced himself for the onslaught of questions.

“What? Drank too much last night?" The older man asked, his tone of voice taunting. Jimin heaved a sigh. “If only” he almost shot back, biting his tongue at the last second. He wasn't goinf to give the latter more ammunition against him.

Yesterday had been a rollecoaster of emotions and so from the minute he had gotten off that plane. The lawyer would've welcomed a drink or ten to help him get through it but it would have been unwise to face his former friend inebriated. God knows what Jimin would've done or said. He shivered at the thought.