V.

The playful tone of his voice was reminescent of a time long passed but still it made Jimin's weak heart flutter in his chest

The playful tone of his voice was reminescent of a time long passed but still it made Jimin's weak heart flutter in his chest. His steps faltered on the way up to Jungkook's apartment. Luckily, the other man didn't seem to notice which left him enough time to recover.

They reached his floor and stopped before a locked door. He watched Jungkook punch the code in the keypad above the doorknob. Light going from red to green signaling with a dull clicking sound that the door had been unlocked. He followed Jungkook inside.

The cramped foyer was lit. The lawyer was taking off his shoes when a distinctly little girl's voice rang out making his back stiffened.

“Daddy!” Naeun rushed to fling herself in her dad's arms. Both hugged. It's touching and he couldn't help his gaze from softening as he watched overt hem

Naeunie, you recall this man he is Daddy's friend.” Jungkook introduced him after his little daughter and him had parted and he was back on his feet. Big brows doe eyes pinned him. Jimin gulped as once again he noted how alike Naeun was to Jungkook.

“Nice to meet you again.” He said, holding out a hand for the girl to shake. Which she did, cracking a small, shy smile.

Naeun nodded.

“You saved daddy from the bad men.” It was a baffling statement a little far fetched too but before the lawyer could kindly correct her, she let go of Jungkook's hand and threw herself into his arms. He stilled, eyes widening with shock.

Jungkook smiled.

“She likes you.” Jimin let out a strangled sound. He wasn't used to children as he almost never interaced with them so he didn't know what reaction was appropriate to this unexpected display of affection. The few people he knew were also childless. Of course it happened that clients came to his office with theirs kids but generally his assistant took care of them.

In the end he opted for a light tap on the back, ignoring Jungkook's snicker. He could feel himself blushing. Minutes flied by and she let go of him.

He swallowed down thickly, his gaze skipping Jungkook to directly land on the neighbour that had looked after Naeun.

He didn't miss how Mrs Ahn's eyes travelled back and forth between Jungkook and him, a small smile curving up in the corner of her thin lips. He coughed, uncomfortable. He shoved his hand in his pocket, crossing the fouer to stand before her. She's a lot shorter than him but she held her head high which denoted how unimpressed she was with him. It heightened the respect he already felt for her. He pulled his wallet out, counting a few ten thousand wons bills that he handed her.

She shook her head, waving a hand.

“No, I didn’t look after the kid because I expectd a recompense.” She said after a beat.