II.

The sun had risen over the city as usual, bringing with it a renewed hum of activities

The sun had risen over the city as usual, bringing with it a renewed hum of activities. Beyond the windows of the glass and steel towers, the streets filled with people hurrying on foot, cars or buses to get to work.

All this agitation making this time of the day the busiest.

Businesses opened, coffee shops, bakeries...etc all ready to welcome the throng of first customers looking for their daily dose of caffeine. All of that was of course rythmed by the sounds of honking cars and the creaking of tires on the asphalt.

Set among other buildings of the same style in one of the trendiest neighborhood in the westside of Seoul, just a few minutes from the famous commercial streets of Myeondeong, the NJ building was a part of one of the most ambitious residential projects the city had seen in the past years and aimed to offer luxurious housing at a fairly affordable prices for a young middle class.

A few years ago, on the advice of a colleague who had taken the jump himself Jimin had decided to buy his apartment because as he'd been assured real estate remained a reliable investment in Korea, plus the lawyer had come into a small fortune after wining a particularly lucrative case. He still had to take out a loan at the bank but he felt that it was worth the monthly payment for the next twenty-five years as his place was his pride.

Hanging off a wall in the living room, a modern art deco style clock ticked the time just as the lawyer stepped out of the bathroom, a green towel wrapped around his waist. He pause when he heard the front door ring. He unrolled the towel, let it fall at his feet before grabbing his bathrobe of the same color which he put on in a hurry, tying the knots before rushing out of his room to swing the door open, shouting “I'm coming” to whoever was at the door. He stopped infront of it to throw a look at the tiny screen connected to the camera he'd installed outside a while to prevent burglars and stalkers and cringed, his brows knitting together when came into the field of vision the infuriatingly handsome face of Kim Seokjin.

Last night was a blur. There had been too many things that'd happened. The verdict which had been in their favor, the celebration afterward at the office that he'd had to shortened when he had called Jungkook who'd announced him both his arrest and the death of his wife.