IV.

"What's wrong with you?" Asked Taehyung sliding down into the seat across of him and setting down several short tumblers full of vodka on their table that he had gone fetch from the bar half an hour ago

"What's wrong with you?" Asked Taehyung sliding down into the seat across of him and setting down several short tumblers full of vodka on their table that he had gone fetch from the bar half an hour ago. The club was loud, music bursting from huge sounding systems and crowded. Jungkook felt out of place, mixed with others his age here to dance recklessly, drink and have no strings attached sex. He tore his eyes away from the screen of his phone with regrets to meet his other bestfriend's gaze. Taehyung looked hot in tight, dark leather pants and mesh top, rainbow glitters all over his handsome face. He looked like he belonged amongst the crowd, his self confidence radiating in waves around him. It made Jungkook feel even mor awkward.

He ignored the question and instead, reached out with one hand for the nearest tumbler whilst with the other he shoved the offendingly silent device back in his pocket.

The vodka burnt all the way down his throat and he let out a long guttural sigh of satisfaction, leaning back in his seat. He had really needed one or ten of these after the week he had had. Yuna noona and him had just returned from their honeymoon which hadn't been as awesome as he had been led to believe. They had spent most of their times arguing, his wife criticizing him for spending most of his time glued to his phone instead of spending time with her- which fair - and he felt bad about it but he couldn't help it as he was just so damn worried for Jimin-hyung.

He didn't say that though, it would've just made things worst.

Ever since his disappearing act at the reception of his wedding, his bestfriend had been MIA and it wasn't like him to spend so long without answering to Jungkook's numerous phonecalls and texts.

In fact, it never happened before.

Jungkook had been on edge after one week and when Taehyung called at their house and suggested they go out for drinks at their usual club, he had not hesitate and said he's in. He didn't feel bad about skipping out a boring dinner with his in laws as he would see Jimin-hyung. He would then ask him why he's ignoring him.

The older man was nowhere in sight and it took Jungkook an hour to understand that he wasn't going to come. He craned his head, scanning the surroundings for the umpteenth times in hope of the older man magically appearing. Sad, he turned back to his other friend, leaning across the table to finally ask the question obsessing him

"Where is Jimin-hyung? He raised his voice to be heard over the music, his tone impatient and slightly belligerent because he had reached the limits of his patience. Taehyung who had been busy chatting with a stranger in the meantime, froze.

The silence between them stretched for minutes and Jungkook felt cold sweat running down his spine. When Taehyung recovered, he drained his glass before meeting his gaze.

"He left." He said finally. Two simple words but Jungkook's brain bugged trying to decipher what they meant. He stammered.

"L-left?" His heart pounding in his chest. He saw pity flashing briefly in his friend's eyes but refused to examine what it meant. His fingers clutched around the empty tumbler. "Where to? When is he coming back? He muttered, a little shaky and out of breath, his mind haywired.

Taehyung rolled his eyes, tapping on the table with his fingers. His gaze hardened. He let it wandered around before zeroing back on Jungkook.

"He is not coming back." He clipped, his voice cutyng like a knife. He exhaled, adding softly seconds later between his teeth gritted like it pained him. "Living in Busan was impossible for him now so he moved to Seoul."

He surely said something else but the younger man didn't hear it, he just cried.

Jungkook snapped out of his thoughts when he felt someone tapping on his shoulder. He startled, eyes wide as he took in where they're. He felt a blush of embarassment creep on his face as his gaze met Jimin's and he realized he'd zoned out. The older man opened his mouth like he was about to say something but decided against it and just closed it.

The tension was to cut with a knife and outside, it was dark and they were standing in the parking lot next to his condo complex. He briefly wondered how Jimin knew where he lived. The older man turned off the engine and climbed out of the vehicle, forcing Jungkook to follow. It's freezing cold and he shivered as a gust of wind slapped him, hurrying his steps to enter his building.

He caught the look of surprise in the latter man's eyes when they stood inside the ramshackle lobby. Honestly the place looked terrible but it'd been the only thing he could afford after his divorce.

Being a divorcee before hitting thirty hadn't been part of his plans but he hadn't had much choice. Staying with Yuna had been out of question. Her parents made it tough though, doing everything in theirs powers to slow down the process once they realized he had the advantage and wasn't going to have a change of heart. It cost him all his personal assets and left him practically penniless as well as blacklisted after his ex in laws ruined his reputation to any potential employers as payback for getting full custody of Naeun.

His own parents hadn't been much of a support, begging him to fix things with Yuna even though they knew full well why he couldn't. He couldn't stay indefinitely with them, he found this place while browsing rent out places online. It was a twenty storeys recently renovated condominium in the outskirts of Busan in an ared called Gugi-san. The area was mostly inhabited by poor or out of luck people like him and old people but it had a school nearby and all the essentials (hospital, mall..ect) and it's right in his budget. He had gotten a job that he could do from home.

He coughed, catching the others man attention and his breath hitched when piercing brown eyes dived in his but he beared it. Relishing having Jimin's all attention. He hadn't realized how much he'd craved it until the older man had vanished.

He smiled sheepish. "Let's hurry, naeun must be worried sick." He said, Naeun was five year old but was sensitive and felt very protective of her appa. The arrest had frightened her no doubt and it was the only thing that angered him. He started toward the stairs, only stopping when Jimin's hand closed around his wrist he stiffened and his throat dried as he glance back at him. Jimin tilted his head to the side, eyes narrowed as he worried on his bottom lip. Jungkook's eyes glazed over as he followed the full curve of the other man's plump lips. He suddenly felt hot and licked his own lips.

Jimin's pupils dilated and he looked aways.

"I stopped by before heading to the police station." He started, the words forcing Jungkook to focus. "I had one of your neighbours to look after her." He finished waiting. When no rel sponse came, horror downed on his face and he stepped backward, letting go of Jungkook.

"Shit! I overstepped?"

Jungkook laughed, his first real laugh in a while. It filled the space between them.

"Not at all" he cut him off, smile wide. "In fact, I think I owe you one."

Jimin smiled back before he realized it and frowned.

"Let's head in then, we have a lot to discuss."

A/N: I rewrote this chapter because I just wasn't satisfied with the direction it was taking. So I hope u guys will like it. Comment what
you think and sorry for the long delay.

Writer block's been a b****