I.

By: lonely-heartless

FIVE YEARS LATER:

The sleek black Mercedes pulled over the curb in front of the imposing and austere courthouse. It was early in the morning, the sun was shining brightly overhead and already the place was teeming with people, reporters and onlookers alike were waiting impatiently. From the car window, he watched the scene. Some people were waving signs, he sighed before unlocking the door. The lawyer had barely stepped a foot out that already the reporters swarmed toward him like a famished flock of vultures drawed by a fresh carcass. His teeth grinded and his jaw set when they shoved theirs mic in his face, screaming unintelligible questions. He didn't bother answering, leaving it to Seokjin and instead cut through the crowd like a knife and climbed up the granit stairs.

He'd been on edge all morning  and the odds of his mood getting better were low because today was probably the most important day of his career. It would be the culmination of hundred hours of relentless work that could be decisive for the rest of his career as a lawyer.

He'd dreamt of this. In a few hours, the judge would give out his verdict on his high profile case. He ran a hand through his hair as he reached the top of the stairs an shook hands with his clients.

The man looked as nervous as he was. His name was Shindong, he was a heavy man in his fifties and he was the mayor and representative of a small rural town. They were against a huge, multi billion dollars corporation that they accused of illegally dumping toxic chemical in their water supply causing the people to get ill from poisoning.

The town was remote, really even him had never heard of them. It was mainly inhabited by farmers and workers.

GOLIATH Inc. The company had settled down theirs headquarters there decades ago because the workforce was cheap and to further cut cost and increase their profits they had started dumping tons of toxic junk in the river.

When the people started to complain about theirs crops dying and the water tasting funny, the company bought the inspectors brought in to investigate and prevent all the media from talking about it because they're convicnced tht since they're big and influent people would never know.