𝐒𝟐 𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟏

𝟐.𝟏 || 𝐬𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐲...

I woke up this morning ready to go. I was out of the house in record time, stopped for a quick breakfast at a cafe, and was at the studio to start our first interview. We got lucky with the schedule for our tour, we start here in LA. 

I hope Tucker is decent at being normal today because we literally haven't seen each other in a month. At first it was just conflicting schedules, but then we sort of faded. I've barely texted him and I pray that he's not awkward today. I mean we never actually talked about that kiss–or kisses–three months ago and nothing's been quite the same since. 

I think it's gonna go fine. It's going to be fine. It has to go fine. 

This will only be an hour. Only an hour that we have to be around each other. 60 minutes. Fuck I hope this goes well. 

I'm drinking iced tea in the car to stall for a few minutes before I see him. He's already here, I parked three cars over from him, and at this point I'm delaying the inevitable. Fuck it. 
I got out of the car with a sudden burst of confidence and made my way to the front doors. I took a breath and walked into the building. 

I already did my makeup and hair, so I just had to touch up before I was ready to go. I was fixing my hair in front of the vanity in my assigned room when the door opened. I knew who it was and didn't say anything as he sat down on the couch behind me. 

I kept recurling my hair as we sat there in silence. He was sitting on the edge of the couch and leaning forward, watching intently. It was getting more difficult to not say anything as more time passed and it must've been getting to him too because he spoke up.

"I missed you," Tucker said and I laughed.

"Yeah okay," I replied sarcastically and the boy sighed before standing up.

For a split second I thought he was going to leave, but he walked closer to me instead. Without a word he took the curling iron out of my hand and started fixing the back of my hair. 

There's something remarkably intimate about him curling my hair; I can feel his presence behind me, the slight tug of my hair as he separates it out, and I can see him in the mirror as he focuses on my hair.

"I got scared," Tucker stated and I caught his eye contact in the mirror. 

"Scared?" I asked and he nodded.

"Scared that you didn't want me around, scared that you thought we moved too fast, scared that we wouldn't be able to see each other," he added as he curled a piece of hair.

I let the moment settle for a second and I sighed, "I think I was too," I admitted and he set down the curling iron before running his fingers through my curls and then rested his hands on my shoulders. 

I set my hands over his, "I don't know, when the schedules got all crazy it felt like I was never going to find time to see you again. It was so out of our routine," I said and the boy kneeled beside me to hug me.

"I'm sorry," he whispered and I looked at him as I pulled him closer to me.

"I'm sorry too," I replied and he kissed my shoulder where his head was. After a minute of lingering in the moment I felt myself relaxing, this is where you bring up the kiss Vienna. Instead what I said was, "You ready for this interview?" 

"Mhm," he said and sat back on his knees, leaving his hands on my arms. "It's the paper peeling one," he added, looking up at me and I'm surprised I didn't melt. Fuck, the way he looks at me.