𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟎𝟐

𝟎𝟐 || 𝐈 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮

There's not very many people that I can't stand, but in this moment Tucker Kennedy is at the top of that small list. It's 9am and he still has still yet to grace us with his presence. There is only one reason that he gets to get away with this, and it's the simplest reason of all, everybody loves him. 

He waltzed through the door and was immediately fussed over. His manager gave him a speech I know he's heard a thousand times from the way he brushed it off. 

Tucker handed a small gift box to the director, kissed her on the cheek, and had her laughing like they'd known each other for years. If I knew the secret to success was just gifts and being a kiss-ass, my life would've been so much easier. 

I didn't let my disdain show outwardly as I whispered to my manager, Riley, who was sitting to my right at the table. The way the director described it to me in the hour of free time that Tucker gave us, is that we'll do a read through of the scene at the table first and then read it in front of the camera together. 

This whole thing was supposed to be over by 9:30 and then I would have a half hour of free time before my next appointment at 10. At this rate however, I'll be going straight there. 

It's been a whole 5 minutes of him being here and I'm already ready to dip out of this project. Yay!

I took a sip of my water and then folded my hands in my lap, still talking to Riley, and observing the conversations happening in front of me. 

Another five minutes passed and then the room started to settle as people started to sit down. Tucker was across the table from me and tilted his head up in acknowledgment. I just raised an unimpressed eyebrow before focusing on the papers now in front of me. 

I felt his eyes on me as I flipped through the pages, which I now realize were also in front of him but he chose to ignore. I glanced up from the papers and caught his stare, he was sitting relaxed in the chair in a way that screamed I'm too good to be here.

 I held the stare and the lazy grin on his face was infuriating. I made sure to not let it show but I'm debating not doing to movie at this point. 

"Tucker? Vienna?" the director asked and the I broke the stare to look at her, he didn't though.

"Sorry what was that?" I asked politely and tried my best to ignore the burn of Tucker's eyes on me.

The director, Gemma, laughed softly and had a teasing smile on her face.

"Looks like they're already sparking," she said jokingly and everyone at the table laughed. "I was just asking if you two were ready to start the read through?" she asked sweetly and I nodded.

"Yeah of course," I replied and Tucker nodded. Okay then. 

"Perfect, then let's get started," she stated and I flipped to the first page of the sides.

The movie itself is a book adaptation of one of my favorite books. It focuses on two teenagers, Emma and James, who are both living completely separate lives until they meet at a music festival in LA. They are polar opposites in terms of character and past lives, but they both have a deep love in their hearts for music. 

Emma grew up in the middle of nowhere, alone with her mother and two sisters who she had to take care of. The mom was never really present following the passing of her husband who had held the family together previously. The only time Emma ever gets to herself is when she sneaks outside with the one thing her dad left her, his guitar. The story isn't focused on her background, but the audience gets flashbacks to her old life and how she had to make the difficult decision to leave everyone behind when they depended on her so strongly.