𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟎𝟕

𝟎𝟕 || 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐘𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐂𝐢𝐭𝐲

It's been a month since we shot the montage in Malibu and I just touched down in New York. We're supposed to film all week and I'm so excited to be here. There's also two days after filming that I get to stay and hangout here, so that'll be a nice reward.

We just got here, but I haven't been home in like a week as it is. We filmed in Virginia all last week so it's been go go go. I love it though.

I'm not a person who can sit alone in my house for very long, I start to go stir crazy without productive work to do. 

That being said, I did sleep for the hour-long flight, but that was mostly to avoid conversation with Tucker. He sat next to me on the plane and I didn't want to talk to him, so I slept. 

On that note, Tucker has been surprisingly consistent with his end of our little deal. He's been on time and he brings me coffee most mornings, which is so nice. I've started to loosen up a little, but there's a part of me that just doesn't trust him. 

I know how far I'd go to prove a point. I've done some questionable things to prove myself to people, even if I didn't actually have anything to prove. I'm starting to not be able to tell what part of him is real and what part of him is trying to hold up his end of the deal. I didn't know him that well to begin with, only the things he'd done and said. I had a judge of his character before I knew him personally.

And I still don't know him personally. I don't know if it's that I've become intrigued by him or what, but I find myself wanting to know everything about him. He'll never know that though, I'm too proud to actually give in.

We're currently walking through the airport and have given up on trying to pretend we're not famous. There's only so much protection a sweatshirt hood can give and considering that we have to wait for our checked bags anyways, there's no point in trying to be inconspicuous. 

I'm playing with the rings on my fingers as we stand in baggage claim, trying to calm the anxiety of being in this public of a place without any security. 

"We're fine Vie, most people won't actually come up to us," Tucker said quietly and used a hand to carefully move one of mine to the handle of my suitcase. He tapped the top of my hand and when I looked up at him quizzically he shrugged casually. "You're going to twist the rings through your skin," he stated simply and I felt my chest constrict a little. 

"Thanks," I replied quietly and then chose to go on my phone, attempting to ignore the way I could still feel the ghost of his hand on mine.

"Your suitcase is light blue right?" he asked as the bags started dropping onto the conveyer belt.

"Yeah," I replied and he nodded. "I can't believe you have a traffic cone orange suitcase," I added and Tucker chuckled.

"My manager got it for me as a joke cause my luggage has a habit of getting lost, it hasn't failed me yet," he commented and I smiled.

"When did you get it?" I asked and he grinned.

"Right before the trip to Virginia," Tucker replied and I laughed.

"Baby's second plane ride," I said and he looked at me for a second before he broke out into boyish laughter. My skin started to tingle and my head felt lighter as he laughed; I had to think about it to snap myself out of it.

"You're actually so funny Vie," he complimented once he stopped laughing and I shook my head.

"You can't tell me that, it's terrible for my ego," I replied and he looked like he was gonna laugh again.