S1Ep7: In Fear Of The Phantom

Ethan POV:

The atmosphere was electric as I swayed to the music, completely captivated by the renowned performance of the Hex Girls. It was a welcome change from my usual nights spent unravelling mysteries. The band members included:

Thorn: The lead vocalist and guitarist.

Luna: A multi-talented musician who played the keyboard and occasionally the bass, in addition to providing backing vocals.

Dusk: The drummer and also contributed backing vocals.

I found myself particularly drawn to Thorn, who exuded charisma in her ensemble. She wore a striking thigh-high black dress with a white blouse underneath, complemented by a white frilly ascot, black platform mary janes, and vibrant red knee-high socks. Her shoulder-length black hair, adorned with red highlights, was neatly styled with bangs, and she sported bold red lipstick.

"These seats are incredible. I thought you had to be a scalper to snag front row tickets for the Hex Girls," Daphne remarked, moving to the rhythm of the music.

I chuckled. "No, you just have to know Velma," I said, gesturing to Velma, who was still dancing and thoroughly enjoying herself.

Velma was fully immersed in the music, shouting, "Ahh! I love you, Hex Girls!" Her passion was a sight to behold.

Shaggy had his camera out, filming the performance, but Scooby intentionally decided to block his view. "Scooby-Doo, you're in my shot," Shaggy complained. He thought it was an accident, but Scooby reacted by barking angrily at Shaggy.

Daphne furrowed her eyebrows. "What's wrong with Scooby?"

"Like, he's still mad at me because I went to the prom with Velma instead of watching the Vincent Van Ghoul marathon with him," Shaggy explained.

I disapprovingly shook my head. "Oh, the honeymoon period is over," I teased, still dancing along to the music.

Suddenly, electronic buzzing and microphone feedback filled the air, but the Hex Girls continued to play undeterred. Then, a spark of dust materialized on the stage, and a figure emerged, cloaked in a long, black cape with a hood, resembling a futuristic robot.

"Listen, Hex Girls, carefully," the figure declared, pointing an arm forward. "You are bound for misery! This will be your final show, or you will suffer endless woe! So saith the Phantom."

The Hex Girls paused, considering their next move. Thorn stepped forward, asserting, "No one tells the Hex Girls what to do." Defiantly, she strummed her guitar, and the band resumed their performance. However, I couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't right about this Phantom, so I made my way through the crowd toward the stage.

As I suspected, the Phantom unleashed an ability of electrokinesis, hurling electric balls at the large speaker positioned behind Thorn, eliciting gasps from the entire crowd.

Thorn let out a piercing scream, and without hesitation, I sprang onto the stage, tackling Thorn out of harm's way just as the speaker crashed to the ground. Thankfully, she emerged unscathed.

I gently brushed a lock of hair from Thorn's face and asked, "Are you okay?"

Thorn's face flushed pink, and she stuttered, "Y-yeah, thank you." Before we could fully process the situation, the Phantom interrupted the moment with maniacal laughter before vanishing in a cloud of smoke, bringing the chaotic end to the show.

Backstage, I stood with the gang as the Hex Girls reviewed the video on E-Tube of the recent events. Thorn sat with an ice pack on her head, nursing the pain from when I had tackled her out of harm's way.