Chapter 7: Introductions and Training in Genjutsu

Start from the beginning

The Taijutsu master turned to look at Lee.

"I want to prove that even a person who can't use Ninjutsu or Genjutsu can still become a splendid ninja!" Lee spoke with enthusiasm. "It's my only goal."

'He's got good eyes...' Gut thought as he smiled at Lee's goal.

Kureto smiled seeing Lee has the same goal like canon.

"Heh.." Neji snorted at his teammate's goal.

Lee was angry as he turned around and look at Neji as he point his finger at him. "What's so funny?!" 

"It's just that your dream is impossible with your limitations." Neji stated the fact Lee can't use Ninjutsu and Genjutsu for he was only good at Taijutsu.

Just as both Lee and Neji argument were starting to escalate to a violence Kureto step in.

"I wouldn't decried our teammate's dream to become a splendid shinobi as foolish Hyuga." The young Uchiha interjected.

Neji look at Kureto and frowned. "How so Uchiha. Do tell?"  

Kureto smirked. "Now matter how limited Lee is in his abilities, I wouldn't underestimate him. For he will shine brightly than other shinobi in our village even in the face of adversity."

Might Guy smiled how his student defended his teammate's dream and believed in his potential unlike Neji, for Lee was touched by Kureto's actions being one of the few people other than their Sensei recognize his potential to be a great ninja in spite of his handicaps.

Neji scowled why his rival would defend Lee for is inability to use Ninjutsu and Genjutsu as tensions between him and young Uchiha were present. Having a belief in fate convinced him that everyone's fate including his were determined from birth and were inescapable. Seeing no matter how hard Lee tried overcome his limitations can never beat a genius like himself or Kureto for that matter.

"Care to test that stat-"

"Alright that's enough!" Guy interjected between his two students seeing their dispute could escalate further to violence quickly needed to change the subject.

"Alight Uchiha you're the last person of the team to have not yet introduce yourself." Guy stated. "So tell us more about yourself."

Kureto nodded as he smiled. "Let me reintroduce myself my name is Kureto Uchiha and my goals are to become a great ninja of the Leaf and restore the glory of my Clan!"

'Wants to be splendid ninja and restore his clan heh.' Guy thought inquisitively. 'That's quiete a goal for him to have that won't be easier to accomplish. But at least he's determined to what he puts his mind to.'

Lee looked at his teammate with admiration for pursuing his goals as the latter was like him wanting to splendid shinobi just like he was.

Neji scoffed by his rival's goals regarding striving becoming the strongest shinobi and restoring his clan's glory seeing him as arrogant as his fellow Uchihas. 'Typical Uchiha arrogance.'

Might Guy grinned as he manage to have his students introduced themselves one by one and now he can start doing his objectives as leader of his team.

"Anyway aside from introductions, I'll be testing you Lee and Neji for Taijutsu training at Training Ground Eleven while you Kureto wiill go to Training Ground Nine for Genjutsu Practice seeing you're already great at Ninjutsu and Taijutsu. Any questions that anyone of you have before we go." Guy asked seeing if one of his three students have questions that he can answer.

"Guy-sensei we were told that the teams will balanced then why me and Kureto are on the same team?" Neji spoke up. "Lee surpasses everyone in our class in Taijutsu , so shouldn't he be on different team and why are splitting us up to train?"