"Oh yes, they were joking about having intercourse with the commander too. That was the other bit I forgot to mention." My thoughts shattered as she spoke with a smirk on her face. I gazed back at her with a look I didn't even know how to describe, only that it managed to make that smirk of hers rise even more.

"What. . .?" I spoke with an appalled tone.

"Mhmm. So, now do you think I went too far?"

Quebec watched as I let out a sigh and ran a hand through my hair. Maybe so; if that were true, I'd be quite angry about it. Haida knew better; surely she did, joke or not. That's just. . . well, that's just gross, and about him of all people. That behaviour is so childish! Come on, seriously!

Still. . .

"Yes, I do. But I'll admit that has made me a little disturbed. Let's come to a compromise." I suggested, gaining her interest.

"They'll continue to do it, but at least let them wear underwear. Come on, it's so degrading what you did to them."

Quebec held her chin as she posed to think, her eyes staring down at the floor. It took a few seconds before she decided to try and negotiate instead of agreeing. "Okay, but how about something a bit risqué?"

"No." I shut her down. Quebec could only sigh, as she knew I wouldn't budge.

"Fine, have it your way, Commander."

"Don't call me that."

Quebec began to snicker while I could only roll my eyes. At least we came to an agreement, or rather, I declared the outcome. I still couldn't imagine what they're feeling like right now. Immaturity or not, that was just too much.

The last time should have been when I slammed my foot on her brakes. Having St Laurent and Crescent dance the macarena in hula outfits for eight hours straight, and in the center of the shopping district no less. They didn't come out of their rooms for a week and a half after that. It was horrible to see how embarrassed they were.

"Anyway. . ." I shifted the subject and tossed an envelope at the edge of my desk for her to read. Curiously, Quebec stood from the armrest and picked up the opened letter to read.

"That came in yesterday." I watched as Quebec pulled the paper out and unfolded it to read. Her eyes scanned each sentence as they lowered toward the bottom, the features of her face growing more defeated as she read.

A sigh escaped her lips as she dropped the letter back on the desk. "So that's it, eh?"

I nodded. "They decided, though, not who it will be just yet."

"Merde." She scratched the back of her neck. "Could they have just waited a little longer?"

"It's not like we have any way of knowing when, or even if, he's going to wake up. They won't wait for an eternity."

Quebec opened her mouth to say something but promptly shut it as she decided not to. Instead, she huffed and shrugged, unable to come up with an answer.

"It's still a bit of a way off, but they've already started looking for a commander fit to lead this base." Picking up the letter and envelope I then put them through the shredder underneath the desk. "All we can do is sit and wait."

With that, a short silence filled the room. Quebec never responded as she stared out the window behind me as I rested my chin in my hand. Letting out a sigh, I looked down at the open file in front of me, one I dug out of the older ones to read. On one side a page contained a promotion offer, while on the right side, was the commander's profile, complete with information and records.

Awaiting Your Return (Azur Lane)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara