Chapter 135. You're A Hunter

Deans POV

"Holy crap, guys!" I say after I drink my master cleanse. "Yeah. I could use a beer." Sam says and Ana nods in agreement as we sit in my home. "Me too." She says. "Oh, sorry, guys. I'm on the cleanse. I got rid of all the carbs in the house." I say as I walk to fridge and grab a couple bottles of water.

"How the hell did you know that ghosts are scared of wrenches?" Ana asks me as I hand her and Sam a bottle of water. "Crazy, right?" I say just as shocked and impressed as her. Then I turn to Sam. "And nice job kicking that door too. That was very Jet Li. What are you, a black belt or something?" I ask and Sam chuckles. "No. I have no clue how I did that. It's like...we've done this before." He says.

"What do you mean, before? Like Shirley MacLaine before?" I ask him. "No. I-I must can't shake this feeling like I- like I don't belong here. You know? Like I should do something more than sit in a cubicle." Sam says. "I think most people who work in a cubicle feel that way." Ana says and Sam shakes his head.

"No. Well, look, it's more than that. Like, I don't like my job. I don't like this town. I don't like my clothes. I don't like my own last name. I don't know how else to explain it, except that...it feels like I should be doing something else. There's just something in my blood. Like I was destined for something different." He says as me and Ana watch him. Ana looks down as Sam looks between us.

"What about you guys? You two ever feel that way?" He asks. "Everyday for the past three weeks." Ana says. "I don't believe in destiny. I do believe in dealing with what's right in front of us, though." I say and Sam nods.

"Alright, so, what do we do now?" He asks. "We did what o do best, Sammy. Research." I say. "Okay." He says but then he stops and gives me a puzzled look. "Did you just call me Sammy?" He asks me. "Did I?" I say confused. "I think you did. Yeah. Don't." Sam says. "Sorry." I say. "Well...let's get to work, boys." Ana says as she stands up.

******

The three of us each have our own laptop and do as much research as we could until Sam speaks up. "Oh, jackpot." He exclaims and me and Ana turn to him. "What you got?" Ana asks him. "I just found the best site ever. Real, actual ghost hunters." He replies, smiling as me and Ana go and stand on either side of him. 

"These guys are genius. Check it out." He says as he shows a website of two men called the Ghostfacers, where there are tons of videos. "Instruction videos." I say as Sam pulls up a video of the two men, wearing lab coats.

"We know why you're watching." The guy with glasses, Ed, says seriously. "You've got a problem." The other guy, Harry says, in a similar tone. "A ghost problem." Ed says. "A ghost related problem. A ghost- it's like a ghost adjacent pr- it's like a problem that's- and the ghost is-" Harry tries to explain but Ed rolls his eyes and talks over him.

"Whatever. You've come to the right place. The only decent place, really, because the Ghostfacers know how to face it." He says. "Period." Harry says. "Watch and learn." Ed says. "See, the first step in any supernatural fight..." Harry begins then him and say the next line in unison. "Figure out what you're up against."

The three of us exchange a look at this.

******

Sam, on Ana's laptop, pulls up an article about the death of Sandovers founder; it has a picture of him. "That's him. That's the ghost." I say and Sam begins to read. "P.T Sandover. Died 1916. Devoted his life to his work. No wife, no kids. Used to say he was the company and his very blood pumped through the building."  He reads. "Wow, okay. So, slight workaholic." I say sarcastically.