Chapter 44. In My Time Of Dying

Third persons POV

Bad Moon Rising is playing on the radio in the Impala as the demon-possessed- truck driver steps out of his truck and walks over to the car. John, Ana and Dean are all unconscious but Sam, on the other hand, swallows as he starts to wake up. The demon pulls the drivers side door off its hinges to reveal Sam pointing the colt at him.

"Back. Or I'll kill you. I swear to God." Sam threatens. "You won't. You're saving that bullet for someone else." The demon says and Sam cocks the gun. "You wanna bet?" He asks in threatening tone. The demon smiles then the black demon cloud pours out of the man, who collapses. Sam uncocks the gun, dropping his head back in relief.

"Oh my God!" The man exclaims, in a panic, as he looks at the scene before him. "Dad?" Sam says before he looks over at John to see him not moving.

"Did I do this?" The man asks. "Dad! Ana? Dean? Guys?!" Sam shouts frantically:

******

As the sun rises, a rescue helicopter descends to the site, and four of them are loaded onto stretchers. John, Ana and Dean are still unconscious, but Sam is awake. "Tell me if they're okay!" Sam shouts frantically at the paramedic as he looks over at the three people he cares about the most being loaded into ambulances.

"You have to stay still!" The female paramedic tells him. "Are they even alive?" He asks but they respond as they load him up and take him to hospital.

******

Deans POV

My eyes shoot open and I sit up in a panic. I work my jaw as I climb out of the bed and goes to the hallway. "Ana? Sam? Dad? Anybody?" I call out before I go down the stairs to the front of the hospital and find the nurses station. "Excuse me. Hi. I, uh, I think I was in a car accident, my girlfriend, my brother and my dad, I just need to find them." I say to her but she's unresponsive.

"Hello?" I say as I snap my fingers but she acts like I'm not here. I go back upstairs, panicked, and see my own body on a bed, intubated and dying. I stare at my body in shock then turn around and see Ana and Sam enter the room. They stop at the door and stare at my body. Both of them looking battered and bruised, Ana is holding her right side where her ribs are but they are both walking.

"Sammy! Ana! You guys look good considering." I say relieved. "Ana, you really shouldn't be out of bed. The doctor says you've lost too much blood and you have fractured ribs and a concussion." Sam says in concern and I frown as I look at my girl. "I'm fine Sam." She says lowly.

Sam sighs before he looks back at my body and I see tears slipping down Ana's cheeks. "Baby? Sam? Man, tell me you guys can hear me." I plead but they don't respond to me. "How's dad? Is he okay?" I ask but get no response...again.

"Come on, you two are the psychics. Give me some ghost whispering or something!" I say just as the doctor comes in. "Ana, you shouldn't be up." He tells her but she ignores him and he sighs. "Sam, your father is awake. You can go see him if you like." He says. "Thank god." I say, relieved. "Doc, what about my brother?" Sam asks. "Well, he's sustained serious injuries: blood loss, contusions to his liver and kidney. But it's the head trauma I'm worried about. There's early signs of cerebral edema." The doctor explains.

"What can we do?" Ana asks brokenly. "Well, we won't know his full condition until he wakes up. If he wakes up." The doctor tells her. "If?" Sam and Ana asks him.

"I have to be honest-" the doctor starts to say before I shout over him. "Oh, screw you, Doc, I'm waking up!" I yell. "Most people with this degree of injury wouldn't have survived this long. He's fighting very hard. But you need to have realistic expectations." The doctor explains.