Chapter 77. Prison Break

Deans POV

"Wait? So you're telling me it wasn't Moody?" Sam asks me the next day as we walk along the yard. "Not unless he liked going around dressed like a nurse. Poor Tiny, man. Poor giant Tiny." I say. "Wait, so this is- this is, like the ghost of some nurse who worked here or something?" Sam asks.

"I don't know, man. I guess." I say shrugging. "You know what, Dean, at this point, I don't know is working for me. See, uh, I thought we were done. It's happening. We're getting out tonight." Sam tells me. "I guess we gotta do some quick research, then." I tell him. "How? I mean, maybe you haven't noticed...we're in jail." Sam exclaims.

******

"So you want to know about some nurse?" An inmate named Randall asks Sam, a few minutes later and Sam nods. "Why you want to know?" He asks us. "Well, we got our reasons. But, uh...we'll make it worth your while." I say as I show Randall a pack of cigarettes, which he takes.

"So this nurse, she would have had white hair, one screwed up eye- is that ringing a bell?" I ask and he nods. "Yeah. Yeah, I remember her." He says. "You remember her name?" I ask him. "No, that's still kind of fuzzy." Randall says.

Sam exhales, slightly amused, and we give each other a look. "Give it to him." Sam tells me. "I earned these." I tell him and Sam shrugs slightly. "Dean." He says annoyed and I hand Randall another pack of cigarettes.

"Glockner. Nurse Glockner. Nasty old bitch worked here in the 70's." Randall tells us. "You knew her?" Sam asks him. "I met her once. Had to get a tetanus shot. She damn near jabbed the needle through the other side of my arm. At least I got out of there alive." Randall says.

"What do you mean?" Sam asks him. "I've heard these stories. I don't know if they're true. Cons love to talk, but we're all liars." Randall replies. "What kind of stories?" I ask. "Guys would go up to the infirmary with a cold. Next thing you know, they're in a body bag. A whole rash of heart attacks- young guys, old guys." Randall explains.

"Heart attacks?" Sam asks. "Yeah. Story was Glockner had it out for cons and she did this, uh, Charles Bronson thing with a hypodermic. Anyway, that was the rumour. Nobody ever proved anything." Randall says.

"What happened to Glockner?" I ask him. "I don't know. I finished my bit and left. Next time I landed back in here, she was gone." Randall says.

******

Later Sam and I are siting at a small table in the dining room. "Okay, so let's say those stories on Glockner were true." Sam says. "It's a thought. You know, in life, she's a vigilante. In death, same thing." I say. "Right. But then how's she tied in with the old cell block. And if she's going after cons, why kill that one guard?" Sam asks.

"I did hear in the yard that the guard wasn't exactly squeaky clean, so, maybe she's going after anybody that break a law. Like me." I say. "You heard in the yard?" Sam asks and I nod.

"Dean, does it...bother you at all, how easily you seem to fit in here?" Sam asks me. "No, not really." I say. "Alright. Well, listen, either way, we need more info on Glockner. If- if she's buried. If so, where? And, we got five hours to get it." Sam says and I give him a look.

"No, no. Don't give me that look. Don't give me that we got to see this thing through look. We are leaving tonight, no matter what." Sam tells me. "I just don't want to let Deacon down, that's all. We do owe him." I tell him. "Yeah, but we don't owe him our lives, Dean." Sam says as I get up.

"Where are you going?" He asks me. "I'm going to talk to my girl." I say and Sam sighs.

******