Chapter 57. Hellhounds

Deans POV

The three of us approach Evan's front door and Ana knocks on it. A moment later, a man opens the door. "Yes?" He answers. "Evan Hudson?" Sam asks and he nods. "You ever been to a bar called Lloyds? Would have been about ten years ago." I say. Terrified, Evan slams the door and latches it.

"Come on, we're not demons!" Ana yells as we hear him run as Sam turns to us. "Any other bright ideas?" He asks us. I step back, setting myself, the kick the door down in one go. "Well, that's one way." Ana says as we enter the house.

Once we make it to the back room, I prepare to kick it down but Ana catches my leg, stopping me. "What-" I start to say but Ana looks at me pointedly. Sam turns the handle and pushes the door open gently. The room is quiet as we enter.

"Evan?" Sam calls out and Evan jumps out from behind a bookshelf. "Please! Don't hurt me." He pleads to us but Sam and Ana hold their hands out, pacifying. "We're not gonna hurt you alright? We're here to help you." Sam says to him, kindly. "We know all about the genius deal you made." I say to him angrily.

"What? How?" Evan asks. "Doesn't matter. All that matters is, we're trying to stop it." I say. "How do I know you're not lying?" Evan asks us. "Well, you don't, but you're kinda running low on options there buddy boy." I say and Evan swallows and starts pacing.

"Can you stop it?" He asks us. "Don't know. We'll try." Ana tells him and Evan looks over at us, with fear. "I don't want to die." He says tearfully. "Of course you don't, not now." I sneer and Sam turns to me. "Dean. Stop." He says quietly.

"What'd you ask for anyway, Evan? Huh? Never need Viagra? Bowl a perfect game? What?" I ask him. "My wife." Evan replies and I laugh. "Right. Getting the girl. Well, that's worth a trip to hell for." I say and Ana grabs my arm. "Dean, stop." She says firmly.

"No. He's right, I made the deal. Nobody twisted my arm, that...woman, or whatever she was, at the bar? She said I could have anything I wanted. I thought she was nuts at first, but...I don't know how to- I was desperate." Evan replies. "Desperate?" Ana and Sam say confused.

"Julie was dying." Evan says and we stand there in shock. "You did it to save her?" I ask him. "She had cancer, they'd stopped treatment, they were moving her into a hospice, they kept saying...a matter of days. So yeah, I made the deal. And I'd do it again. I'd have died for her on the spot." Evan says.

"Did you ever think about her in all this?" I ask him. "I did this for her." Evan tells me and I advance in him. "You sure about that? I think you did it for yourself. So you wouldn't have to live without her. But guess what? She's going to have live without you now. But what if she knew how much it cost? What if she knew it cost your soul? How do you think she'd feel?" I ask angrily and Sam and Ana put a hand on my chest, pushing me back.

"Okay, that's enough." Sam tells me firmly and I turn and walk away. "Stay here with him. I'll talk with Dean." I hear Ana tell Sam before her footsteps follow behind me into the hallway. "You okay?" She asks me concerned.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be? Hey, I got an idea." I say as I pull out the goofer dust. "You and Sam throw George's hoodoo at that Hellhound, keep it away from Evan for as long as you can. I'm gonna go to the crossroad and summon the demon." I tell her.

"Summon- are you nuts?" She asks me as she looks at me like I'm insane. "Maybe a little bit. But I can trap it. I can exorcise it, and I can buy us some time to figure out something more permanent." I say to her.

"Yeah, but how much time?" She asks. "I don't know, a while. I mean, it's not easy for those suckers to claw their way back from hell and into the sunshine." I say and Ana shakes her head. "No. No way." She says. "You're not allowed to say no, Ana. Unless you've got a better plan." I exclaim.