Chapter 9

Damian and Jack arrived at the fair. Unfortunately for Damian, he was the last one there. He let Jack down on his feet once they got there.

Damian: Dang it.

Jack: Don't worry. I was kidding about the last one having to pay for the food.

Damian: Wait, you're gonna pay for it?

Jack: Yeah. I just want to be nice after all.

Damian smiled at Jack and he noticed. Jack gave a slight smile. Damian looked away and blushed.

Jack bought the tickets and they went inside the fair.

Jack: Alright. What should we do first?

Damian: How about we play the games?

Jack: Good idea.

They headed to the first game they saw. It was a game where you toss a ball and you knock down the bottles. The person handed Jack the ball and Jack looked at Damian.

Without looking at the bottles, Jack threw the ball and all the bottles were knocked down. Damian was surprised to see that Jack knocked the bottles down without looking. Jack slightly smiled and got the giant brown teddy bear.

Jack: This is for you Damian.

Damian: How?

Jack: Knock the bottles down without looking or know you wanted the giant brown teddy bear?

Damian: Both?

Jack: I've played this game many times before. When we were walking to this game, i noticed you kept eyeing the teddy bear.

Damian: Well, thank you. I appreciate it.

Jack: You're welcome.

They both started heading to another game to play. After a while, they played all the games and won a lot of prizes. Damian was too happy at the moment.

Jack smiled at how happy Damian was. He hugged Jack and Jack patted him on the head.

Damian: Thank you for winning those games.

Jack: You're welcome Damian. I'm glad ive been playing them for a while.

Damian: Are you glad all that practice didn't go to waste?

Jack: Yeah. I am.

Damian: So, where do you wanna eat?

Jack: Good question. Let's see.

Jack took a look at the map that he had. He noticed there was an ice cream place close by.

Jack: We have an ice cream place here.

Damian: Let's go then.

Jack and Damian headed that way to the ice cream shop. Damian kept on eyeing Jack and he noticed. He looked away and Jack stopped.

Jack: Ok Damian. Why do you keep on eyeing me?

Damian: I just feel like your too kind for me.

Jack: Are you saying I shouldn't be kind at all?

Damian: No. It's just after all I did, I was surprised that you were still very nice to me.

Jack: It's because I knew you weren't making fun of me for the fun of it. You had nobody to hang out with in the past.

Damian hugged Jack and shed a tear. Jack patted Damian's back and wiped Damian's tear.

Damian: You really understand me. Thank you.

Jack: No problem. Listen, I'm sorry for not hanging out with you. I only wanted to protect you.

Damian: It's okay. You were just trying to protect me. But, you don't have to worry about that now.

Jack: I know. I'm just glad we could hang out again.

Damian: I am too. Now, shall we continue walking to the ice cream shop or are you gonna stalk us more?

Jack: Oh sorry.

Damian: You might be a dork, but you're an handsome one.

Jack just smiled and patted Damian on the head. Damian blushed and smiled at Jack.

When they got there, they walked in and was surprised. There wasn't much people there. They shrugged it off and walked to the counter.

Person: Hi guys. What kind of ice cream would you like?

Jack: One bowl of three vanilla scoops for us.

Person: You want chocolate syrup with it?

Damian: Yes sir.

Person: Alright. That's gonna be 5:50 please.

Jack handed the person the money and the person grabbed a bowl. The person put the three scoops of ice cream in and topped it off with the syrup. The person handed the bowl to Jack.

Jack: Thank you.

Person: Hane a good day.

Damian: You too.

They both sat outside and Jack put the ice cream bowl on the table. They both began eating the ice cream. Damian had a smirk on his face.

He put a small bit of ice cream on his finger and got it on Jack's nose. Damian laughed and Jack smiled. He got the ice cream off his nose and put the ice cream in his spoon.

He held the spoon like it was a catapult and launched the ice cream. It landed on Damians shirt and he noticed.

Damian: I deserved that. At least you got your revenge.

Jack: Yeah. To be honest, I did find that funny.

Damian: Find what funny?

Jack: When you put the ice cream on my nose.

Damian: You did?

Jack: Believe me. I did.

Damian: Let me do it again.

Jack: Nope.

Damian: Why not? Scared to get a bit of ice cream on your nose?

Jack: How about I put some on your nose?

Damian: No.

Jack: I'm just kidding. I won't.

Damian: Okay.

Damian and Jack finished their ice cream after a few minutes and we're ready to head home. Damian brought Jack up and they flew towards the exit.