Chapter 43. Yellow-Eyed Demon

Start from the beginning

"They probably know exactly what we look like, too. And they could look like anybody." Sam says. "Yeah, this sucks out loud." I grumble. "Tell me about it." Sam says as we look at the building. "Alright, so any ideas on how the hell we get in?" Ana asks.

I look over the building for a minute before turning to Ana and Sam. "Pull the fire alarm, get out all the civilians." I say. "Okay, but then the city responds in, what, seven minutes?" Ana asks. "Exactly seven minutes." I nod.

******

Ana went and pulled the fire alarm before she wakes back to Sam as I walk up to a fireman after they showed up a minute ago. "Hey, what's happening? Is it a fire?" I ask. "We're figuring that out right now, sir. Just stay back." The fireman says. "Well I've got a Yorkie upstairs and he pees when he's nervous..." I say but the fireman ignores me.

******

Ana, Sam and I walk down the hallway, inside the building, me and Sam dressed in full fireman gear as Ana walks behind us. I use my EMF to check the doors of the apartments.

"I always wanted to be a fireman when I grew up." I tell them. "You never told me that." Ana says. "Yeah, me neither." Sam adds just as the EMF starts reading high, near a door.

I reach out and start to knock. "This is the fire department. We need you to evacuate." I say and moments later, the door starts to open. And that's when me and Sam shove it open.

We come through the door and see a woman was knocked back and a man starts to charge at us. But me and Sam spray the couple with holy water from our tanks, and it begins to burn them. I punch the man and shove him into a closest. "Come on!" I yell as Sam grabs the woman off the table and shoves her in the cupboard as well.

Ana leans against the door and it lurches as demon try to get inside. "Hurry up!" She yells at us and Sam grabs a canister of the duffel bag and runs a line across the closet door.

As soon as he finishes, the pounding stops. Me and Sam take off the fireman gear and move to the bedroom door. Ana opens it and we see dad on the bed. I immediately go over to dad. "Dad?" I say leaning down to his chest and listen. "He's still breathing." I tell them and Sam lets out a sigh of relief as I start shaking dad. "Dad, wake up. Dad!"

I take out a knife and am about to cut the restraints around dads wrists when Ana stops me. "Dean wait." She says and I look at her. "What?" I ask her. "Something don't feel right. What if he's possessed?" She asks. "What?" I ask again, shocked. "She's right Dean. We've got to be sure." Sam says as Ana hands him her flask of holy water and he sprinkles it on dad.

It has no affect.

Dad moans and starts to come around then looks over at Sam and Ana. "Sam? Ana? Why are you splashing water on me?" He asks and Sam sighs with relief but Ana is looking at dad with a look I can't decipher. "Dad, are you okay?" I ask him. "They've been drugging me. Where's the colt?" He asks. "Don't worry, dad. It's safe." Sam says as I cut him free. "Good. Good." Dad mutters as me and sam pick him up.

Ana starts to walk out of the room as me and Sam carry dad, when the front door bursts open. Ana stumbles back as a man and a fireman comes in. "Go! Go!" She shouts just as I say. "Back! Back!" We go back into the bedroom and close the door, locking it. But then an axe suddenly comes through the door.

Ana grabs the salt container and lines the door as me, Sam and dad climb out onto the fire escape. "Ana, let's go!" I shout as she tosses me the duffel bag and I help her climb out.

Sam and me help dad down the street and Ana moves ahead of us. But suddenly, Ana is attacked by another man and he pins her down in the street and starts beating her. "Ana!" Sam and I shout as we move to sit dad down on the side as I look through the duffel bag for a gun.