Seven: before the deadly race

You make me giddy

You make me giddy

the sixth of June

MELANIE

stood on the hill. Her friends beside her with their backpacks. "Did you find anyone from the Hermes cabin?" Tim asked while tying his shoelace. His hair was freshly washed, probably forced by Justin. He looked fine, but Melanie knew better than to think that. Tim was suffering and he wasn't ready to go down yet.

"Yeah, Ethan, Haru, Anthony and Peter wanted to help me." Tim gave her an approving look. "Mel, please make sure Minji doesn't do anything too stupid." Ava said. Melanie turned to her. "What do you see as stupid?" Ava shrugged. "Dying?"

Justin chuckled. "I'm afraid that even Melanie can't control your little sister."

"I will try, but I can't promise anything." She gave her a small smile and Ava nodded with a calm look on her face. "Thanks, that means a lot to me."

The dark-skinned boy looked at his watch. "We better get going." Tim stood up and gave Melanie a warm look. She looked at the trio. "Tell ,what's the plan again?" The blonde shrugged his shoulders. "Defeat part of the Titan's army and return safely back to camp?" Ava nodded. "Yeah, that sounds about right."

Melanie stepped back. "Alright, well stay safe and don't hesitate to iris-message me or anything." Justin smiled. "Time will fly by and you will see us before you can even blink." Melanie blinked. "Oh, look you haven't even left yet." Ava chuckled. "Bye, Mel."

The trio walked off towards the human world.

A quest that called for them.

~~

PETER

groaned in frustration. "No, more to the left!" He yelled at the sleepy boy. Haru sighed and let the wheel fall on Anthony's feet, making the brown-haired boy yelp in pain and limp around. "What the fuck, Haru?" His eyes scrunched closed in pain. The son of Hypnos gave him an apologetic look. "I'm sorry, I dozed off."

Anthony mumbled something inaudible. Peter sighed. "Let's try again," he turned to Haru, "Why don't you get Anthony some ice for his feet?" The boy nodded furiously. "Yes, of course." The boy ran off.

Peter helped Anthony sit on a small bench to the side. "Just stay here." He mumbled to the wounded boy.

Melanie looked towards the right. Peter followed her gaze and noticed a certain blonde girl. He walked closer to Melanie and whispered. "Anthony is probably out of the race, Haru too and we could use some help with building the thing. Why don't you ask Annabeth?"

Green eyes watched him curiously for a moment. "Sure," She mumbled and walked off towards the daughter of Athena. Peter smiled to himself and turned to Ethan who was trying to figure out how to install a water hose.