Chapter 19. My only priorities

Jeonghan looks over at Seungcheol, who is sitting on the couch staring into space again.

It's evening, and Hanuel and Seungcheol are over at Jeonghan's house for dinner. Hanuel, the kid, is neck-deep in animal books that Jeonghan bought just for him. But Jeonghan couldn't help but notice the stressful and tense aura around Seungcheol, no matter how much he tried to hide it.

"Cheol, baby... is something wrong?" Jeonghan nears Seungcheol as he cups his cheeks and makes the actor face him. Seungcheol, caught off-guard, stares at Jeonghan with a puzzled face.

Seungcheol blinks a few times, trying to gather his thoughts. He hadn't realized he was so lost in his own thoughts that Jeonghan had to snap him out of it. He takes a deep breath and forces a smile, trying to reassure Jeonghan.

"I'm fine, Han. Just a little tired, that's all," Seungcheol replies, his voice lacking conviction.

Jeonghan's eyes narrow slightly, not fully convinced by Seungcheol's response. He knows his boyfriend well enough to recognize when something is bothering him. Gently, he brushes his thumb against Seungcheol's cheek, his touch warm and comforting.

"The manager has found out about us, Han. He found photos of us from our last date," Seungcheol says with a difficult voice, and Jeonghan loses his breath.

Jeonghan's heart sank at Seungcheol's words. The news hit him like a ton of bricks, and he could feel the panic rising within him. They had been so careful, so cautious about keeping their relationship a secret. How could this have happened?

Trying to maintain his composure, Jeonghan took a deep breath and forced a smile. "It's going to be okay, Cheol. We'll figure this out together." He gently brushed his thumb across Seungcheol's cheek, hoping to offer some comfort.

Seungcheol's eyes softened as he looked into Jeonghan's worried gaze. "I know, Han. But you know how the industry can be. The rumors, the backlash... I don't want any of that to affect you, hanuel or our relationship."

Jeonghan leaned in closer, their foreheads touching. "I understand, Cheol. But we can't let fear control us. We've come so far, and I won't let anyone tear us apart."

Seungcheol nodded, his grip on Jeonghan's hand tightening. "I love you, Han. And I'll do whatever it takes to protect you."

Jeonghan's heart swelled with love and gratitude. He knew Seungcheol meant every word, and he felt the same way. They had fought so hard to be together, and they weren't about to let anyone or anything ruin it.

As they sat on the couch, Hanuel oblivious to the tension in the room, Jeonghan's mind raced with possible solutions. They needed to be one step ahead of the manager, to control the narrative before it spiraled out of control.

Seungcheol's heart raced as he held Jeonghan tightly in his arms, feeling a mix of fear and relief. They had been so careful to keep their relationship a secret, knowing the potential consequences it could have on Seungcheol's career as an actor. But now, with their last date pictures leaked to his manager, their secret was on the verge of being exposed.

Jeonghan pulled away slightly, his hands resting on Seungcheol's shoulders as he looked into his eyes. "Cheol, we knew this day might come eventually. We'll face it together, no matter what happens."

Seungcheol nodded, his grip on Jeonghan's waist tightening. "I just... I don't want to lose you, Jeonghan. You mean everything to me."

Jeonghan's expression softened even more, his thumb gently caressing Seungcheol's cheek. "And you mean everything to me too, Seungcheol. We'll find a way to make this work, I promise."