Chapter 15. Rendezvous

"Jeonghan, go out with me"

"Jeonghan, go out with--"

"Jeonghan go out--"

"Jeonghan!"

Jeonghan jolted up from his chair, his attention snapped back to reality as he looked at Joshua, who was staring at him with a peculiar expression. "What's wrong?" Jeonghan asked, slightly confused.

"You've been spacing out. I've been calling your name for the past two minutes, but you seemed more interested in the coffee on your table than in me," Joshua pouted, placing his book on the table beside Jeonghan and taking a seat.Jeonghan shook his head, waving off Joshua's concern. "It's nothing, I was just lost in thought..."

"About what?" Joshua inquired, taking a sip of his caramel coffee before turning his attention back to Jeonghan.

"Seungcheol," Jeonghan replied, his voice filled with uncertainty.Joshua nodded, understanding dawning in his eyes. "Is something bothering you?"

Jeonghan sighed, his gaze fixed on the table. "Yes, he asked me out, and I said yes, but... I'm afraid. He's an actor, Joshua. So many things could go wrong if his fans find out about us."

"Do you like him?"

"I do but--"

"Go for it"

Jeonghan looks at Joshua with a conflicted expression again, "shua, you are not understanding--"

Joshua's expression softened, his hand reaching out to grasp Jeonghan's. "I understand your concerns, Jeonghan. But love is worth taking risks for. If you truly care about each other, you can face any obstacle together."

Jeonghan looked up at Joshua, his eyes filled with gratitude. "Thank you, Joshua. You always know what to say to make me feel better."

Joshua smiled, squeezing Jeonghan's hand. "That's what friends are for. And if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm always here for you."

Jeonghan nodded, feeling a weight lifted off his shoulders. "I think I just needed to hear that. I do care about Seungcheol, and I want to give this a chance."

"Then go for it," Joshua encouraged. "Life is too short to let fear hold you back."

Jeonghan smiled, feeling a newfound sense of confidence. "You're right. I'm going to talk to Seungcheol and see where this goes."

Joshua grinned, raising his coffee cup in a toast. "To new beginnings and taking risks."

Jeonghan clinked his cup against Joshua's, feeling grateful for his friend's support. He knew that with Joshua by his side, he could face anything that came his way.

Jeonghan was diligently correcting worksheets when the familiar sound of his phone ringing interrupted his concentration. Without even glancing at the caller ID, he absentmindedly reached for his phone and answered.

"Hello?" he greeted, his voice lacking its usual enthusiasm.

"Hello," came the deep, soothing voice of Seungcheol, instantly snapping Jeonghan out of his daze. Surprised, he quickly glanced at the caller ID and confirmed it was indeed Seungcheol calling.

"Seungcheol?" Jeonghan replied, his tone filled with curiosity.

"Yes, did you have lunch yet?" Seungcheol asked, his voice warm and caring.Jeonghan hesitated for a moment, his mind wandering to thoughts of Seungcheol. "No, I'm thinking about you," he blurted out unintentionally, his cheeks flushing at his own boldness.

Seungcheol chuckled softly on the other end of the line. "Well, I'm glad to be on your mind. But I did have lunch, so I just called to remind you about our date tonight at seven in the evening."