15. You always have been

Questions raced in your mind as you helped Eren to get on the lift with others. You held his shoulders to support him, he was basically unconscious even with his eyes open. He looked in some sort of daydream, unable to hear anything you said to him.

   The lift soon started to pull up, the soft sunlight of the golden hour reflecting on the survivors. No one dared to say anything, or more so they had nothing to say. As soon as the lift started to descend down on the other side of the wall, you noticed something odd. Many soldiers were swarming the area beneath the lift as if waiting for something.

  "Leave that monster to us and report back! Or we'll slaughter you with him too!?" A man with wrinkled face and eyes bulging out screamed from a few feet away, the same man who gave you instructions a few hours ago. 'monster? He means Eren?' You tensed up, sensing the situation. The soldiers had been informed about Eren and probably think he's a threat.

   "What do we do.."Bertholdt whispered to himself. "You guys can leave. We'll stay here with Eren." You announced with a low yet demanding voice. "Yeah...if all of will be here, he might be at disadvantage..." Armin muttered while holding Eren. You stared ahead concerned, god knows what they'll do to Eren if he was to be left alone.

   They all nodded before slowly walking away, leaving you four alone with numerous soldier pointing their blades at you. "We'll give you one last warning! Or we blow you three up with him too!" The commander yelled his voice shaking. Mikasa stepped forward defensively with blades in her hands.

   You knelt beside Eren, supporting him to the ground while he stared ahead in daze. "We can't... We can't do that sir!" You yelled back at him, standing up beside Mikasa. He looked taken aback by your words. "That guy is a monster! We all saw him! He's a bloodthirsty beast that's going to devour us!" A wide eyed man screamed at the four teens.

   You clenched your fists, trying to hold back the anger that was starting to build up. You took a sharp breath in before facing back. "He's not a monster!? He's my brother! A human like all of us! He was out there fighting the Titans just like all of us for humanity! You aren't the ones to decide that!?!" You screamed again feeling the blood begin to boil, gritting your teeth.

   The air was tense as everyone fell silent, but not for long. People started to protest yet again. "Kill him!" "Don't listen to her!" "He's a monster!" You stared at them with mouth agape in shock, scared that they might actually kill him. "Please listen to him first! He'll tell you everything!" Armin pleaded, trying to get the situation in control.

  Silence took over once again as you let out a shaky breath. You hurried back to your brother's side trying to snap him out. "Eren? Can you listen me?" No response. You shook him violently trying to get anything out of him. You clenched your jaw, feeling the tears of frustration well up. Your grip tightened on his shoulders while facing the ground trying to stop the tears.

   "I'll kill them all." Eren spoke suddenly in a low psychotic tone. You whipped your head up to see a psychotic smile on his face matching his tone. "Eren?" You huffed out. The said boy continued to stare into the distance before snapping back, yelping while looking around.

   It looked like the light was back in his eyes, as if someone blew life in him. "Eren, can you move? Can you understand what I'm saying? Tell them everything you know! I'm sure they'll understand!" Armin begged with tears in his eyes, shaking his shoulders slightly.
Eren looked at you two, confused "Armin?" He spoke, confusion visible in his voice.

  "Hear that? He said 'i'll kill them all!" "Yeah, I heard him. He's going to devour us." People started muttering in themselves, not even caring he was right there. Eren glanced around, shocked while breathing heavily. You finally took notice of his condition, his clothes were ripped on his left hand and leg, almost as if they were cutted rashly.