13. Bake a Cake

"I'm gonna bake a cake!!" The young boy cheered happily drumming his hands on the ground while kneeling down to meet your eye level. "Huh?" You blurted out setting down the book you were reading, innocently blinking at him.

The wind blew softly, trees seemed to be dancing along. You gave him a puzzled look. "Are you crazy? Cake is so expensive." You stated as a matter of factly.

Eren sat up straight in front of you, crossing his little arms over his chest while grinning, "that's why I said I'm gonna bake it." He huffed out while raising an eyebrow at you. "The Ingredients are hella expensive too...you won't be able to buy them at all."

His eyes beamed, resting his arms on his head, he rocked back on forth sitting on the soft grass. "Don't tell mom but.." he paused leaning forwards motioning for you to lean an ear in. "I've been saving up." He whispered before giggling. Your eyes widened.

"You-" he shushed you while glancing around. "This is our first birthday together. It should be happy and uh you know sweet." You stared at him before smiling.

"Sure thing..." You trailed off before speaking up again. "Promise me one thing though." He turned his head to face you, staring with curiosity. You let out a breath before continuing "promise that we'll celebrate our every birthday together?"

"Of course!! You are not going anywhere away from us again!" He said standing up, both laughing happily.

You slowly opened your eyes, faint sounds of giant footsteps echoing in the area. You tried to get up wincing when pain shot through your whole body. You groaned falling back on the ground, staring at the sky.

The memories left you shaken up, tears silently flowing down your eyes. Putting a hand over you mouth, you let out muffled sobs. 'why am i remembering that now...Eren...y-you broke the promise too..'

Harshly wiping the water from your face, you forcedly got up, stumbling before balancing yourself again. You felt horrible, hollow from inside. No matter how much you both bickered or fought...he was still your only brother you loved dearly.

Losing him was a blow to your heart, it had shook you up to the core. Giving up seemed like a good option right now.
You slowly sunk to the ground, head lowered in defeat sniffing while warm tears fell from you teal green eyes.

A loud roar snapped you out from your despair. It was titan, for sure, but it wasn't normal for some reason. It kept getting louder that you had to cover your ears. You looked up wincing, the screams felt similar to a certain someone...the emotions felt familiar.

You pulled the trigger and got on top of a roof frantically looking around for the owner of the roars. Spotting a titan far behind, letting out screams with his head back. You eyes widened in shock seeing what happened next.

It charged towards another titan, ripping off its head, smashing the nape with his legs. You blinked twice, not believing your own eyes. A titan... killing titans? Taking a step back you realised something...this was the chance! If it kept killing them we can make it to the HQ!

You shook your head, you couldn't give up. You had to live, for your mom, for Eren. And you couldn't leave Mikasa alone too. With that, you ran towards the HQ with full speed.

Avoiding combat from any titans to save up the gas, you swung higher. Your breath hitched, seeing a titan just in front of the windows. You didn't had time to react, fear taking upon you, the titan moved, now facing you with it's mouth wide open.

You squeezed your eyes shut, everything seemed to slow down. Accepting your fate flying straight into the titans mouth, it stinky hot breaths hitting your whole body as put your arms in front of your face. You thought it was the end. Yeah, thought.